This simple and delicious Chinese stir-fried noodles with veggies and mushrooms is a super quick and easy noodle recipe to brighten up your day.
Who doesn’t like stir-fried noodles? A simple, easy to make recipe that instantly makes you happy. Stir-fried noodles is the first non-Indian recipe I tasted as a toddler and love it since then.
Though the origin of noodles is considered to be China, it’s a staple food of many countries in the world and I love everything that has noodles in it.
Do you know that in 2005, a team of archaeologists reported finding an earthenware bowl that contained 4000-years-old noodles, in China? Isn’t it amazing! I really wonder what was their secret recipe.
Apart from Indian dishes, stir-fried noodles are the most frequently cooked food in my kitchen. I generally make it when I get bored of eating our staple food roti sabzi or dal chawal almost every day. Luckily everybody in my family (except my father) Chinese food. So when noodles are prepared at my parent’s place, something else is prepared for my father.
The recipe which I am sharing today – Stir-fried veggie mushroom noodles, is very simple and quick to make (like most of my other recipes). It’s also a good way of finishing off vegetables from your fridge.
More tasty vegan noodles recipe
If you try any of my recipes then please don’t miss to rate it in the comments section below.
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links shared in my blog are affiliate links and I will get benefited if you buy products from them at no extra cost to you. However, I have personally used most of these products hence recommending them to you. You are free to buy them from anywhere also.
How to make quick stir-fried noodles?
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
- Noodles (any type of your choice): 250 gms
- Thinly sliced onion: 1 cup
- Chopped mushroom (any type of your choice): 1 cup
- Julienned carrot: 1 cup
- Julienned capsicum: 1 cup
- Finely diced cabbage: 1 cup
- Finely chopped garlic: 1 tablespoon
- Finely chopped ginger: 1 tablespoon
- Chopped green chilies: 1 teaspoon / As per taste
- Soya sauce: 2 tablespoon
- Green chili sauce: 1 tablespoon
- Tomato ketchup: 2 tablespoons (optional)
- Vinegar: 1 tablespoon
- Black pepper powder: 1 teaspoon
- Salt as per taste
- Cooking oil: 2 tablespoon
- Boil water in a large pan. Add salt to it and cook noodles as per the instructions given on the packet.
- Strain the noodles, add some oil to avoid sticking and keep aside.
- In a large wok, heat the oil, add ginger and garlic. Saute for few seconds.
- Add the onion and sauté for around 2 minutes and then add mushrooms, green chilies, and black pepper powder.
- Stir fry till the raw smell of mushrooms goes away.
- Now add in the remaining vegetables and stir fry for another 2-3 minutes. The vegetables should be crunchy but cooked.
- Once the vegetables are ready, add in boiled noodles, all the sauces, vinegar, and salt. Since the soya sauce and ketchup are already salty, be careful with the amount of salt you will be adding.
- Mix everything nicely. It’s better if you use a pair of tong to mix noodles.