These vegan savoury muffins are stuffed with juicy tomatoes, sweet corn, caramelized onions, and seasoned with Italian herbs. They taste delicious and are perfect to be served in breakfast, packed in the lunch box, or enjoyed as a snack at any time of the day.
I am an early riser and I love spending some time alone every morning before the world becomes chaotic.
My mornings are reserved for productive and positive things like yoga, meditation, writing journal, reading something motivational, noting down ideas, planning a productive day ahead, and sipping plain warm water.
Despite being a food blogger I don’t like spending my beautiful mornings in the kitchen. That’s the reason even after waking up very early (between 4:30-5:00 am), I prefer making a quick and easy breakfast. Make-ahead breakfasts are even better. They make mornings so less stressful.
Today, I am sharing one of my favorite vegan make-ahead breakfast recipes- Savory muffins with tomatoes, corn, and caramelized onion.
They taste delicious and are a great breakfast on the go option. On busy mornings when you don’t have the time to sit down for a breakfast, just grab this savoury muffin and finish off on your way to the office or college.
No more excuses to skip your breakfast.
Tips and Tricks
- In this recipe, I have used whole wheat flour and all-purpose flour in an equal amount. You don’t need to use both. These vegan muffins can also be made by using either of them. If you use only whole wheat flour they will be denser.
- Vegetables used in these muffins can be changed as per liking. For a healthier version, you can add vegetables like grated carrots, beetroot, or spinach. However, I would recommend not skipping the caramelized onion. I personally love them the most in these muffins.
- Non-vegans may also add cheese.
- The baking time may vary depending upon the oven and quality of ingredients so keep an eye on the muffins after 20 minutes and bake until they clear the toothpick test.
More easy vegan breakfast recipes
Looking for more easy and quick vegan breakfast ideas? Don’t miss to check the following delicious breakfast recipes for busy mornings:
- Bread poha
- Carrot cake oats
- Beetroot hummus and avocado sandwich
- Easy homemade granola (Make-ahead recipe)
- Vegan avocado toast with sweet corn and pineapple
- Vegan chocolate chip and banana bread (Make-ahead recipe)
If you try any of my recipes then please don’t miss to rate it in the comments section below.
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links shared in my blog are affiliate links and I will get benefited if you buy products from them at no extra cost to you. However, I have personally used most of these products hence recommending them to you. You are free to buy them from anywhere also.
How to make vegan savoury muffins?
Vegan savoury muffins
Ingredients for caramelized onion
- 1 medium-sized red onion thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 0.5 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tbsp mixed Italian herbs
- 0.5 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Salt as per taste
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 0.5 cup sweet corn kernels fresh/ frozen/ canned
- 0.25 cup chopped spring onion both white and green part
- 1.25 cups soy milk/ any plant-based milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 0.25 cup + 1 tablespoon any cooking oil preferably neutral-flavored
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a pan and add sliced onion. Add sugar, salt, and saute until the onion gets caramelized.
- Take soy milk in a bowl and add apple cider vinegar. Mix and keep aside for a few minutes or until the milk curdles.
- Mix both the flours, baking soda, baking powder, pepper, salt, and Italian herbs in a bowl.
- In another large bowl mix curdled milk and oil. Add the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add caramelized onion, tomatoes, corn, and spring onion. Mix.
- Put the muffin batter in muffin molds and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°C for around 25 minutes or until they clear the toothpick test.
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack and then unmold. Enjoy!
- Add or remove the vegetables as per your liking.
- These muffins can also be made by using only all-purpose flour or only whole wheat flour. Mixing both the flours is not necessary.