Green Peas Soup
Green peas soup is a light, comforting vegan soup recipe which can be enjoyed at any time of the year. Very easy to make this soup can be made with fresh as well as frozen peas.
- 4 cups frozen green peas you can use fresh or canned also
- 1 medium-sized onion roughly chopped
- 5 garlic cloves roughly chopped
- 1 green chili roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup scallion roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves roughly chopped
- 4-5 fresh mint leaves you can also use dry mint
- 4-5 fresh basil leaves you can also use dry basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bouillon cube
- 4 cups water adjust to get the required consistency
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice adjust as per taste
Heat oil in a pot and add chopped garlic cloves. Saute for a few seconds or till they become fragrant.
Add chopped onion and saute till it becomes translucent.
Next, add thyme, ground pepper, veg bouillon, and salt. Mix and saute for a few seconds.
Add green peas and all the herbs, green chili, mix and saute for around 2-3 minutes before adding the water.
Boil till peas are cooked and then with the help of a hand blender, blend the soup till it becomes smooth.
Check and adjust the seasoning. Cover the pot and simmer for another 2-3 minutes.
Switch off the gas, add fresh lemon juice, sprinkle some freshly ground pepper and enjoy!
- Saute the peas and herbs for a few minutes before adding the water. It will bring out the flavors of these ingredients and the soup will taste a lot more flavorful.
- If you can't find fresh herbs, use dry ones. However, adding fresh ones will give a very nice bright green color to the soup.
Calories: 160kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 300mg | Potassium: 426mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 1303IU | Vitamin C: 67mg | Calcium: 61mg | Iron: 3mg