Easy Mexican Rice Recipe
This easy Mexican rice recipe has all the delicious ingredients like beans, rice, corn, bell peppers, lots of fresh cilantro, and lime juice. Refreshing and flavorful this vegan black bean and rice recipe is a must try one-pot meal.
Servings 5 people
- 2 cups uncooked rice long or medium-sized grains
- 1.5 cups boiled/ canned black beans
- 1/2 cup sweet corn kernels
- 1 medium-sized onion finely chopped
- 1 medium-sized red bell pepper finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped jalapeno adjust as per taste
- 1/4 cup cilantro roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 bouillon cube
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- Juice of 1 lime adjust as per taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil/ any cooking oil of your choice
- 4 cups water
- Salt as per taste
Heat oil in a pot and add chopped onion to it. Saute till it becomes translucent.
Next, add the chopped bell pepper and jalapeno. Saute for a few minutes or till the bell pepper is cooked but still crunchy.
Add garlic powder, tomato paste, salt, and bouillon cube. Mix and saute for about a minute before adding the beans. Allow the beans to cook without water for about 2 minutes and then add rice and chopped cilantro. Mix and stir fry for 1-2 minutes.
Finally add the water, mix and cover the pot. Cook till rice is done.
Squeeze fresh lime juice and serve hot.
- Both canned and home-cooked beans can be used in this recipe.
- Instead of using just black beans, you can also use a combination of different beans.
- It's best to use long or medium-sized rice grains in Mexican bean rice
Calories: 378kcal | Carbohydrates: 76g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 462mg | Potassium: 381mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 848IU | Vitamin C: 37mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 2mg