Vegan Kung Pao Noodles with Charred Broccoli
Vegan Kung Pao Noodles with Charred Broccoli is a delicious Asian recipe that gets ready within 30 minutes. The combination of hot and sweet slurpy noodles with crunchy peanuts and charred broccoli makes it irresistible.
Servings 4 people
- 400 gms noodles/ spaghetti
- 2.5 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup chopped spring onion green part
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 4 dried red chilies
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts skinned
- 1 teaspoon Sichuan peppercorn/ 1/2 teaspoon black peppercorn
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper adjust as per taste
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- Salt as per taste
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp any hot sauce adjust as per taste
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2.5 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/3 cup water
Spread broccoli florets on a baking tray. Apply some vegetable oil, sprinkle salt and pepper. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°C for 12-13 minutes or until the florets get golden brown patches.
Boil noodles as per the instructions given on the packet. Drain and keep aside.
In a bowl mix soy sauce, hot sauce, vinegar, and sesame oil. Mix and keep aside.
Heat vegetable oil in a wok. Add red chilies and peppercorns, sauté for a few seconds. Add minced garlic and sauté until it becomes fragrant.
Next, add the sauce mix, salt, and cook for around 2 minutes. In a bowl mix water and corn starch. Add the corn starch slurry to the sauce. Stir continuously and cook until the sauce thickens.
Add boiled noodles, roasted peanuts, charred broccoli, and spring onion to the sauce. Mix everything and cook on high flame for 1-2 minutes. Enjoy!
- Add salt to the sauce only if required as the soy sauce is salty too.
- Instead of roasted peanut, roasted cashew nuts can also be used in the dish.
Calories: 578kcal | Carbohydrates: 87g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Sodium: 3052mg | Potassium: 441mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 703IU | Vitamin C: 102mg | Calcium: 58mg | Iron: 2mg