Vegan Strawberry Muffins
Vegan strawberry muffins are super delicious and very easy to make. Perfect for breakfast or just enjoy these sweet treats with your tea and coffee.
Servings 12 muffins
- 1.5 cups chopped strawberries
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup soya milk non-vegans may use an equal amount of normal milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon granulated sugar adjust as per taste
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
In a bowl mix milk, apple cider vinegar, granulated sugar, canola oil, lemon zest, and vanilla extract.
In another bowl mix all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
Add all the dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix.
When the dry ingredients are nicely mixed, fold in the chopped strawberries.
Put the batter in muffin molds and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°C for around 22-25 minutes or until they clear the toothpick test.
Once done, take out the tray and allow the muffins to cool on a cooling rack. Enjoy!
- Using fresh strawberries is recommended for this recipe. However, if using frozen thaw them and then pat dry with a paper kitchen napkin before adding to the batter.
- Oil can be replaced with an equal amount of apple sauce.
- Adjust the amount of sugar depending upon your taste.
Calories: 124kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 219mg | Potassium: 78mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 77IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 83mg | Iron: 1mg