Moong Masoor ki dal
This Indian lentil recipe-Moong masoor ki dal is a very tasty and light mixed lentil dish made using split and skinned mung bean and red lentil. It can be served with rice as well as roti.
Servings 4 people
- 1/2 cup dhuli moong dal split and skinned mung bean
- 1/2 cup dhuli masoor dal red lentil
- 1 medium sized onion finely chopped
- 1 medium sized tomato finely chopped
- 2 green chilies slit into half
- 1/2 teaspoon grated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves chopped
- 2 tbsp lime juice adjust as per taste
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder adjust as per taste
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tbsp cooking oil/ ghee
- 4 cups water
Mix both the lentils, wash and put in the pressure cooker with water, salt, and turmeric powder. Cook till 1 whistle on medium flame. Switch off the gas.
Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds when they turn fragrant add ginger and garlic. Saute for a a minute.
Add onion and cook till they start turning brown.
Next, add all the spice powder and stir fry for about a minute.
Add tomatoes and green chilies. Cook till tomatoes turn mushy.
Pour the boiled lentil into the pan, mix, and cook for about 5 minutes. Switch off the gas.
Add lime juice and garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Serve hot with steamed rice or roti.
- If you don't have a pressure cooker, use a normal pot to cook it. This lentil will take around 30-40 minutes to get cooked without a pressure cooker.
Calories: 231kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 104mg | Potassium: 328mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 448IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 43mg | Iron: 3mg