Thai cabbage salad
Crunchy, flavorful, and delicious- this Vegan Thai Cabbage Salad has ingredients like vegetables and ripe mango tossed in a creamy peanut butter dressing.
Servings 4 people
- 1.5 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1.5 cups shredded napa cabbage use regular green cabbage if napa cabbage is not available
- 0.5 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 0.5 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 0.5 cup chopped ripe mango
- 0.5 cup chopped spring onion green
- 0.5 cup chopped coriander leaves
- 0.5 teaspoon finely chopped Thai red chili optional
- 0.5 cup roasted peanuts
Ingredients for dressing
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup/ palm sugar non-vegans may also use honey
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar/ white vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sriracha/ any other hot sauce adjust as per taste
- Salt as per taste
Put all the vegetables and peanuts in a large bowl.
In another bowl, mix all the ingredients of dressing until it turns smooth.
Pour the dressing over salad. Toss well. Garnish with more crushed peanuts and serve.
Calories: 220kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 421mg | Potassium: 522mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 4202IU | Vitamin C: 67mg | Calcium: 78mg | Iron: 1mg