Aloo Beans is an Indian style potato & French beans recipe. This simple dish is vegan & gluten-free. It can be served with any Indian bread or rice & dal.
Servings 3 people
- 250 grams French beans chopped into around 1.5- inch pieces
- 1 medium-sized potato chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1.5 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder adjust as per taste
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon dried mango powder optional, you can also replace it with 1.5 tablespoons of lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon asafoetida
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tablespoon mustard oil/ any other cooking oil of your choice
- 1/4 cup water
Heat oil in a heavy-bottomed pan and add cumin seeds. Let the cumin seeds splutter in hot oil.
Add potato cubes and saute for about 1-2 minutes.
Next, add French beans, all the spices, salt, and mix.
Add around 1/4 cup of water and cover the pan. Allow to cook for around 12-15 minutes or until the potatoes and beans are cooked. Switch off the gas.
Finally, add mango powder or lime juice and mix. Serve hot with roti/ paratha/ or any other Indian bread. You can also enjoy it as a side dish with rice and dal.
- Use a heavy-bottomed or non-stick pan to make this dish.
- Cut small pieces of potato and beans to fasten the cooking time.
Calories: 128kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 17mg | Potassium: 487mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 674IU | Vitamin C: 25mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 2mg