Carrot Ginger Soup
This delicious ginger carrot soup is made with fresh sweet carrots balanced with a kick of ginger and creamy coconut milk. Perfect to be enjoyed in every season.
Servings 4 people
- 4 cups peeled and roughly chopped carrots
- 1 onion roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon grated garlic
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cube vegetable bouillon
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper adjust as per taste
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cups water adjust to get the desired consistency
Heat oil in a pot and add chopped onion. Saute till it becomes translucent.
Add ginger, garlic, and saute for a few seconds.
Next, add bouillon cube and carrots. Saute for about a minute.
Add water, salt, pepper, and turmeric. Mix and cover the pan. Cook for around 25 minutes or until the carrots are cooked and turn soft.
Once the carrots are cooked, blend the soup with a hand blender.
Add coconut milk, mix, and cook for another 5 minutes. Check and adjust the seasoning and then switch off the gas.
Garnish with coconut milk, chili flakes, and chopped cilantro. Serve hot or warm.
- Instead of using bouillon cube and water, you can also use vegetable stock.
- If you don't like the taste of coconut milk, you can also use any other plant based milk but in that case reduce the quantity of water . Non-vegan may use cream too.
- To fasten the process, cut the carrots into small pieces. They will get cooked faster.
Calories: 211kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Sodium: 107mg | Potassium: 589mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 21384IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 64mg | Iron: 2mg