Vegan Chocolate Banana Bread
Vegan chocolate chip banana bread is an easy and delightful recipe for chocolate lovers. It is soft, moist, and has a fudgy consistency which makes it taste like a brownie.
Servings 10 slices
- 4 over ripe bananas medium sized
- ¼ cup any plant based milk
- ½ cup melted virgin coconut oil
- ¼ cup apple sauce
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup vegan choco chips keep ½ cup and ¼ cup separately
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts you can also use any other nut of your choice
Peel and put the bananas in a large bowl. Mash well with the help of a masher or fork.
Add sugar, apple sauce, coconut oil, apple cider vinegar, milk, and vanilla extract to the mashed banana. Whisk together.
In another bowl sift in all the dry ingredients.
Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and gently mix together.
Next, add ½ cup chocolate chips and chopped walnuts. Gently fold in.
Pour into a greased bread pan and gently tap to level evenly. Top with the remaining choco chips.
Bake in a pre-heated oven for 45-50 minutes at 180°C or until it clears the toothpick test.
Once done, remove from the oven and allow to cool on a cooling rack. Slice and enjoy!
- Adjust the amount of sugar depending upon your sweetness preference.
- Always use virgin coconut oil in baking if you don't want your dish to taste like coconut.
Calories: 371kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Sodium: 219mg | Potassium: 301mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 29g | Vitamin A: 43IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 76mg | Iron: 3mg