Easy broccoli and cheese soup
This easy broccoli and cheese soup is creamy, rich, and very filling. A real comfort food, this satisfying vegetarian soup will become your favorite if you love cheese.
Servings 6 people
- 0.5 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 2 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups full cream milk
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 0.5 cup all-purpose flour
- 0.5 teaspoon nutmeg powder
- 0.5 teaspoon mustard powder adjust as per taste
- Ground black pepper as per taste
- Salt as per taste
Heat a pan and add butter to it. When the butter melts add onion and garlic. Saute until the onion turns translucent.
Add all-purpose flour and stir for about a minute or until the flour is no longer raw.
Add the vegetable stock and stir continuously until the flour gets completely mixed without any lumps.
Throw in broccoli and carrot. Mix, and cover the pan. Cook for about 15 minutes.
Next add milk, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and mustard. Mix and let the soup simmer.
Finally, add cheddar, mix and switch off the gas. Serve and enjoy!
- Use full cream milk in this recipe.
- Instead of milk, cream can also be added.
- You can also add parmesan and mozzarella along with cheddar in this recipe.
- Use good quality cheese for a strong cheddar taste.
Calories: 325kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 63mg | Sodium: 972mg | Potassium: 339mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 4773IU | Vitamin C: 29mg | Calcium: 390mg | Iron: 1mg