Cream cheese pasta with corn and spinach
Cream cheese pasta- a delicious vegetarian pasta recipe that's made with only 10 basic ingredients and gets ready in less than 20 minutes. A quick, easy, comforting dish that's loved by everyone.
- 400 gms uncooked pasta
- 1.5 cups cream cheese
- 1 cup chopped spinach fresh/ frozen
- 1 cup sweet corn kernels canned/ frozen
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes adjust as per taste
- Salt & pepper as per taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Water to cook pasta
Cook pasta al dente, as per instructions given on its packet. Before draining, store 2 cups of pasta water.
Put cream cheese in a bowl, add pasta water (around 1/4 cup at a time), and whisk until a smooth creamy mixture gets ready.
Heat oil in a pan. Add minced garlic and saute for about a minute.
Add corn kernel, chili flakes, salt, and pepper. Saute until the corn gets cooked.
Next, add spinach and saute until the leaves get wilted.
Add cream cheese mix and cook while continuously stirring for around 2 minutes or until a nice smooth creamy sauce gets formed.
Finally, add cooked pasta and mix until everything gets combined. Add more pasta water or cream/ milk if the sauce is too thick.
Garnish with some freshly ground pepper and chili flakes. Enjoy!
- Don't overcook the pasta otherwise, it will turn mushy spoiling the whole dish. Cook it al dente
- For pasta water, take out the water when the pasta is cooked. If you collect the water at an earlier stage there won't be enough starch in it. This starch helps in making a nice thick sauce.
- Instead of pasta water, you can also use cream and milk to mix with cream cheese for making the sauce.
- If you like even simpler pasta dishes, skip spinach and corn. Pasta in a simple cream cheese sauce with just some salt, pepper, garlic, and chili flakes also tastes awesome.
- To add more taste and texture, you can add mushrooms, broccoli, and other vegetables of your choice.
- For extra rich and creamy pasta, you can use butter instead of olive oil.
- Cheese lovers may add more variety of grated cheese to the sauce.
- More recipe tips and tricks are given within the post above, please follow them to make this recipe.
Calories: 730kcal | Carbohydrates: 86g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 94mg | Sodium: 370mg | Potassium: 449mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 2013IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 112mg | Iron: 2mg