Stir fried snow peas
Stir-fried snow peas with garlic is a simple, crunchy, and delicious side dish that gets ready within 15 minutes. This vegan Asian dish has a very refreshing taste which everyone loves.
- 2 cups snow peas
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes adjust as per taste
- 1 teaspoon toasted black sesame seeds
- Salt as per taste
- Ground black pepper as per taste
- 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil/ olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
Cut off the tips of the snow peas and remove the side strings.
Heat both the oils in a pan. Add chili flakes, saute for a few seconds and add snow peas, garlic, ginger, salt, and pepper.
Saute for about 5 minutes.
Sprinkle black sesame seeds and enjoy!
- Instead of using chili flakes, Asian chili oil can be added too.
- Don't overcook the snow peas, they should be cooked but remain crunchy.
- More vegetables like carrots, French beans, broccoli, asparagus, or mushrooms can also be used in this recipe.
- You can also add some lemon juice at the end.
- For extra heat, add finely chopped chili peppers or hot sauce to the dish.
Calories: 65kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 6mg | Potassium: 131mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 760IU | Vitamin C: 40mg | Calcium: 35mg | Iron: 1mg