Corn fried rice
Corn fried rice- a quick and easy Asian-style fried rice loaded with sweet corn kernels and baby corn. Made with a handful of ingredients, this dish gets ready in just 20 minutes.
- 3 cups cooked and chilled rice
- 2 cups sweet corn kernels fresh/ frozen/ canned all are fine
- 9-10 baby corns-sliced around 100 grams
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 4-5 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 4-5 stalks scallion/ spring onion-finely chopped keep white and green part separated
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder adjust to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Heat oil in a pan. Add chopped onion and saute on high flame until the onion becomes translucent.
Add garlic and chopped white part of scallion. Saute for a minute.
Add sliced baby corns and cook on high flame for 3-4 minutes, stirring continuously.
Once the baby corn slices are cooked and start turning golden brown from the edges, add sweet corn kernels.
Saute on high flame for another 3-4 minutes or until the corn kernels are cooked.
Add scallion greens, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Saute for about a minute.
Finally, add cooked rice and mix everything. Stir fry on high flame for around 2 minutes.
Garnish with chopped scallion/ spring onion greens. Enjoy!
- Use pre-cooked rice in every fried rice recipe and refrigerate it for a few hours before making fried rice. Freshly cooked rice breaks and turns mushy in fried rice.
- Adding baby corn is optional. Corn fried rice can be made with just sweet corn kernels too.
- Make fried rice on high flame and keep stirring continuously to avoid burning of ingredients.
- Since fried rice is made on high flame, keep all the ingredients ready and near the stove.
- Soy sauce can also be added to the recipe, I have skipped soy sauce to avoid changing the color of rice.
- You can also add vinegar/ lime juice to make the corn rice slightly sour.
- More recipe tips and tricks are given in the post above, please refer them to make this recipe.
Calories: 295kcal | Carbohydrates: 66g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 157mg | Potassium: 303mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 234IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 3mg