Vegan Lasagna Soup
Vegan Lasagna Soup is a hearty plant-based soup from Italy. It's perfect for the days when you want to eat something comforting and delicious without spending hours in the kitchen.
Servings 4 people
- 5 sheets lasagna
- 1 cup boiled/ canned brown lentil
- 3 cups roughly chopped spinach the quantity will reduce when spinach gets cooked
- 1 cup diced mushrooms
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 5-6 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes with basil I have used canned, you can use fresh also
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt as per taste
- 1 ltr water/ as required to get the desired consistency
Heat olive oil in a pan and add chopped garlic and onions to it. Stir fry till the onions start turning brown.
Add in the vegetable stock cube and tomato paste and fry for a minute.
Next add in the mushrooms, cooked brown lentil, salt, and all the dry herbs and spices. Mix well and cook till mushroom moisture gets evaporated.
Add chopped tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, and water. Let it simmer for around 3-4 minutes.
Break lasagna sheets into two pieces each or whatever size you prefer and cook till lasagna is almost done.
Next, add the spinach and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
Switch off the gas and garnish with some Italian seasoning and chili flakes. Enjoy your bowl of comfort.
Calories: 293kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 225mg | Potassium: 923mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 2603IU | Vitamin C: 24mg | Calcium: 93mg | Iron: 5mg