Middle Eastern Bean Salad - Balela
This refreshing and healthy, vegan bean salad - Balela, inspired by Middle East is made with different beans, greens, fresh veggies, olive oil and Arabic spices.
- 1 can chickpeas you can also use 2 cups of home cooked chickpeas
- 1 can kidney beans you can also use 2 cups of home-cooked kidney beans
- 1 cucumber Preferably Persian cucumber
- 1 medium sized tomato
- 1 medium sized red onion
- 1 bell pepper any color is fine
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves roughly chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves grated
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tbsp sumac
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt as per taste
Finely chop all the vegetables.
In a bowl mix the beans, chopped vegetables, herbs, garlic, spices,and salt.
Drizzle some olive oil. Mix and enjoy your healthy treat!
Calories: 84kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 12mg | Potassium: 268mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1654IU | Vitamin C: 46mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 1mg