Mung Bean Sprouts Raita
Mung bean sprouts raita is a tasty & healthy protein-rich vegetarian side dish from India. Made with yogurt and mung bean sprouts it's a healthy summer treat.
- 2 cups yogurt vegans may use any plant-based yogurt of their choice
- 4 tbsp mung bean sprouts
- 2 finely chopped green chillies or as per taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mint powder you may also use finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- Sendha namak (Himalayan pink salt) as per taste You may also use normal white salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1/2 teaspoon flax seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon roasted white sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup water
Beat the yogurt nicely, add some water or buttermilk if the yogurt is too thick.
Add in the sprouts, green chilies, salt, pepper, mint powder and mix well.
Sprinkle some roasted sesame and flax seeds and enjoy your protein-rich raita!
Calories: 119kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 21mg | Sodium: 179mg | Potassium: 283mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 162IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 198mg | Iron: 1mg