Greek Salad also know as Horiatiki salad is a delicious and refreshing salad from Greece made with cucumber, tomato, onions, feta cheese, olives, pepper and an amazing olive oil dressing.
- 1 cup feta cheese cubes
- 1.5 cups cherry tomato cut into half
- 1 medium-sized Persian/ English cucumber chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 medium-sized red onion thinly sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives pitted
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar optional
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice adjust as per taste
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano
- Ground black pepper as per taste
- Salt as per taste
Put feta cheese cubes, tomato, cucumber, onion, bell pepper, and olives into a large salad bowl.
For dressing mix olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, oregano, salt, and pepper.
Pour the dressing over salad, toss and serve!
- Add salt carefully as feta cheese is already quite salty.
- Instead of using whole pitted olives, you can also add sliced ones.
- Finely chopped dill or mint leaves can be added too for extra freshness and flavor.
Calories: 232kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 553mg | Potassium: 277mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 536IU | Vitamin C: 28mg | Calcium: 194mg | Iron: 1mg