Kachumber salad is a very basic and most commonly eaten vegetable salad from India. The freshness of this Indian salad is perfect to balance the rich flavors of Indian curries.
- 1 red onion
- 1 tomato
- 1 cucumber
- 5-6 cherry radish you can also use daikon radish
- 1-2 green chilies
- Juice of ½ a lime adjust to taste
- A handful of fresh cilantro
- 5-6 Mint leaves
- ½ teaspoon chaat masala
- ¼ teaspoon red chili powder
- Himalayan salt regular salt is fine too
- Ground black pepper to taste
Finely chop coriander leaves and green chilies. Dice all the other vegetables in equal bite-size pieces.
Put all the ingredients in a bowl, squeeze fresh lime juice, and toss.
- Don't make this salad in advance otherwise, the vegetables will start releasing water and won't remain crunchy.
- You may add or skip vegetables depending upon what's available or not available to you.
- More recipe tips and tricks are given within the post above, please follow them to make this recipe.
Calories: 32kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 46mg | Potassium: 236mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 401IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 1mg