Seviyan kheer or Vermicelli kheer is a very popular pudding recipe of India. Every Indian celebration is incomplete without this delicious eggless pudding.
- 3/4 cup Seviyan (vermicelli)
- 1 litre full cream milk
- 6-7 tbsp sugar adjust the quantity as per your taste
- 4 tbsp chopped nuts I have used almonds, cashew nuts, and raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon green cardamom powder
Dry roast vermicelli until it turns golden brown. Keep aside.
Heat milk in a heavy-bottomed pan. Once the milk starts boiling add chopped dry fruits and allow to simmer for around 15 minutes on low flame. Keep on stirring in between to make sure that the milk doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan.
Once the milk starts thickening, add roasted vermicelli. Mix well and cook for another 10-12 minutes.
Add sugar and cardamom powder. Mix well and switch off the gas.
Garnish with chopped nuts or saffron strands and serve. It can be served hot, warm or chilled.
- Adjust the sugar quantity as per your preference.
- Roasted vermicelli is easily available in the market. To save time you can buy that.
Calories: 289kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 81mg | Potassium: 84mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 18g | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 1mg