Vrat wali arbi
Vrat wali arbi is a very easy and delicious vegan taro recipe from India. This gluten-free dish is specially prepared during Indian festivals like Navratri.
- 3 cups Taro, boiled, peeled and chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 tbsp coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder optional
- Himalayan rock salt as per taste If not preparing for fasting purpose, you can use any type of salt.
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1-2 green chilies finely chopped
- 1 tbsp cooking oil/ ghee
Wash and boil taro just like potato. They should be cooked but firm so don't overcook them. Peel and chop into bite-size pieces.
In a wok heat some oil and add cumin seeds. Saute for a few seconds till they become fragrant.
Add all the spices, salt, and green chilies. Saute for a few seconds till spices become fragrant. Do only for a few seconds otherwise the spices will get burned.
Next, add in the taro pieces and mix well. Add coriander leaves and cook for 2-3 minutes, while stirring in between. Switch off the gas.
Add lime juice, mix and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Serve hot with any Indian bread of your choice.
Calories: 170kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 68mg | Potassium: 615mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 196IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 51mg | Iron: 1mg