Veg quesadilla is a delicious vegetarian quesadilla loaded with crunchy vegetables and melting cheese. This easy vegetarian Mexican dish can be enjoyed as breakfast, lunch, dinner, or even a snack.
- 3 tortillas
- 1.5 cups sliced button mushrooms
- 1 medium-sized red bell pepper chopped
- 1 medium-sized green bell pepper chopped
- ½ cup sweet corn kernels fresh/ frozen
- 1 medium-sized onion sliced
- 2-3 garlic cloves minced, adjust to taste
- ½ cup fresh cilantro roughly chopped
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder adjust to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
Heat oil in a skillet. Add onion and saute until it starts turning translucent.
Add mushrooms, bell peppers, and corn kernels. Cook for around 10-12 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked but still crunchy.
Add minced garlic, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Saute for around 2 minutes.
Switch off the stove. Add roughly chopped cilantro and mix.
Heat a griddle or pan. Brush it with some olive oil. Place a tortilla on it.
Put some mushroom-vegetable filling on one side of the tortilla. Top it with some shredded cheese.
Pull the other side of the tortilla to cover the filling and slightly press with a spatula.
Toast the quesadilla from both sides until they turn brown and crunchy.
Take it out on a serving plate and cut it in half.
- Feel free to add more vegetables to the filling.
- Don't overcook the vegetables, they should be slightly crunchy.
- You may add some chopped jalapenos or chili flakes to add heat to the quesadilla.
- More easy recipe tips and tricks are given within the post above, please follow them to make this recipe.
Calories: 117kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 204mg | Potassium: 238mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 903IU | Vitamin C: 44mg | Calcium: 81mg | Iron: 1mg