Pomegranate salad with feta
Pomegranate and feta salad- a healthy Mediterranean salad with a delicious combination of juicy pomegranate pearls, creamy feta, crunchy salad leaves, and roasted walnuts.
Ingredients for salad dressing
- 1.5 cups pomegranate arils
- 4 cups mixed salad greens roughly chopped
- 8-10 fresh mint leaves roughly chopped
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 200 grams crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup walnut kernels
Dry roast the walnut kernels in a pan for a few minutes i.e. until they become fragrant and start changing their color. If the kernels are very big in size, you can rough chop them.
Put all the ingredients of salad dressing in a bowl and mix.
In another large bowl put all the remaining ingredients and roasted walnuts. Pour dressing and toss. Enjoy!
- Use any salad green of your choice. I have used mixed greens but you can use only one type too.
- After rinsing the leaves, make sure to drain all the water. Also, pat them dry with a paper towel before adding to the salad. You can also use a salad spinner.
- Instead of walnuts, pecans or almonds can also be used. Even pepitas and raisins taste good in this salad.
- Roast the walnut kernels on low/ medium flame, on high flame they get burned very easily.
- Instead of honey brown sugar, agave syrup, or maple syrup can also be used.
- You can also add around 1 tablespoon of pomegranate molasses to this salad.
Calories: 372kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 45mg | Sodium: 590mg | Potassium: 356mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 829IU | Vitamin C: 22mg | Calcium: 282mg | Iron: 1mg