Mint chutney also known as Green chutney or pudina chutney is a delicious, refreshing and easy to make Indian dip. Also perfect for using as a sandwich spread.
Servings 1 cup
- 2 cups coriander leaves
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 1-2 green chili peppers adjust as per taste
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1 inch ginger piece
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 3 tablespoon lime juice adjust as per taste
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- Salt as per taste
- 1/4 cup water or as required to get the desired consistency
Slightly roast the ginger and garlic over direct flame.
Put all the ingredients in a grinder and make a smooth paste.
Check and adjust the seasoning.
Serve with your favorite snack or use it as a sandwich spread.
- Don't use the stalk of mint it will make the chutney slightly bitter.
- Use the stalk of cilantro, it's very flavorful.
- Don't skip adding sugar, it helps in balancing the flavors.
- Roasting ginger and garlic is optional but recommended.
- Don't make a very smooth paste of chutney, it should be slightly coarse.
- More detailed tips and tricks are given in the post above.
Calories: 82kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 43mg | Potassium: 511mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 4071IU | Vitamin C: 38mg | Calcium: 174mg | Iron: 5mg