Roasted cauliflower soup
Creamy, smooth, and comforting this roasted cauliflower soup is an easy low carb and vegan soup perfect for this season. Made with only a few basic ingredients it tastes delicious.
Servings 5 people
- 5 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 medium-sized onion preferably white
- 8-10 garlic cloves adjust the quantity as per taste
- 4.5 cups vegetable stock adjust to get the desired consistency
- 0.5 cup coconut milk
- 0.5 teaspoon ground ginger
- 0.5 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper as per taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Spread the cauliflower florets on a baking tray. Drizzle some olive oil, sprinkle salt, pepper, and toss. Spread the florets evenly on the tray. Put unpeeled garlic cloves on the tray. Bake at 200°C for 30-35 minutes.
Heat oil in a pot. Add roughly chopped onion and saute until it starts turning brown.
Add vegetable stock, pepper, thyme, ginger, and salt. Mix.
Keep some roasted cauliflower florets aside for garnishing and add the remaining to the pot. Also, remove the skin of roasted garlic cloves and add the pulp to the pot. Let the soup simmer for around 5-7 minutes.
Blend with an immersion blender until the soup becomes smooth and creamy.
Add coconut milk, mix, and simmer for 1-2 minutes. Check and adjust the seasoning. Switch off the gas.
Garnish with roasted cauliflower florets, chili flakes, and fresh herbs of your choice. Enjoy!
- You can also use a stand blender to blend this soup.
- Adding coconut milk is optional. You can use any other plant-based milk too. Non-vegans can use cream or milk too.
- Any other spice or herb can also be used in this soup. Generally, warm spices like ginger or nutmeg go very well with cauliflower.
Calories: 147kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 881mg | Potassium: 400mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 450IU | Vitamin C: 52mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 1mg