Creamy, smooth, and comforting this roasted cauliflower soup is an easy low carb and vegan soup perfect for this season. Made with only a few basic ingredients it tastes delicious.
I love making and enjoying different soup recipes from around the world. As the days will start getting colder you will see more and more easy comforting soup recipes on my blog.
Today I am sharing another very easy and tasty vegan soup recipe- roasted cauliflower soup.
Cauliflower is one of my favorite vegetables and I have shared it many times on my blog that it’s one of the reasons why I love the winter season so much. In India, you get the freshest and tastiest cauliflower during winters.
Though now all the fruits and vegetables are available throughout the year, it’s best to eat seasonal produce. They not only taste best in their actual season but also have maximum health benefits during that time.
I grew up eating only seasonal fruits and vegetables and still try to follow that.
That’s the reason this vegan cauliflower soup and other cauliflower recipes will be cooked more frequently in my kitchen as the days will start getting colder.
Ingredients needed to make Vegan cauliflower soup
This roasted cauliflower soup recipe needs only the following ingredients:
- White onion: You can use any type of onion but red onion is not recommended as it will change the color of the soup.
- Garlic: Adjust the amount depending upon your taste preference. I love garlic so add a lot of it.
- Ginger powder: I have used ground ginger in the recipe. You can also add freshly grated ginger. Ginger and cauliflower taste really good together.
- Vegetable stock
- Coconut milk: You can also use any other plant-based milk of your choice. Non-vegans may use cream or milk too.
- Dried thyme: Feel free to season it with any other spice or dried herb of your choice like cinnamon, nutmeg, etc
- Ground pepper
- Cooking oil: I have used olive oil, use whichever cooking oil your prefer.
Tips and tricks
- If you don’t have a hand blender, use a countertop blender.
- Blend the soup until it’s very smooth and creamy.
- If using a hand blender, never lift the blender up when it’s on. Switch it off when the blades are still inside the soup and then only lift it up.
More vegan cauliflower recipes
The market will soon have the freshest and yummiest cauliflower. If you want to try easy cauliflower recipes during the season, don’t miss to check the following links:
More easy vegan soup recipes
Looking for more easy vegan soups that you can make this fall? Do try the following recipes:
- Vegan pumpkin soup
- Easy ginger carrot soup
- Roasted tomato and bell pepper soup
- Vegan minestrone soup
If you try any of my recipes then please don’t miss to rate it in the comments section below.
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links shared in my blog are affiliate links and I will get benefited if you buy products from them at no extra cost to you. However, I have personally used most of these products hence recommending them to you. You are free to buy them from anywhere also.
How to make roasted cauliflower soup?
Roasted cauliflower soup
- Spread the cauliflower florets on a baking tray. Drizzle some olive oil, sprinkle salt, pepper, and toss. Spread the florets evenly on the tray. Put unpeeled garlic cloves on the tray. Bake at 200°C for 30-35 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pot. Add roughly chopped onion and saute until it starts turning brown.
- Add vegetable stock, pepper, thyme, ginger, and salt. Mix.
- Keep some roasted cauliflower florets aside for garnishing and add the remaining to the pot. Also, remove the skin of roasted garlic cloves and add the pulp to the pot. Let the soup simmer for around 5-7 minutes.
- Blend with an immersion blender until the soup becomes smooth and creamy.
- Add coconut milk, mix, and simmer for 1-2 minutes. Check and adjust the seasoning. Switch off the gas.
- Garnish with roasted cauliflower florets, chili flakes, and fresh herbs of your choice. Enjoy!
- You can also use a stand blender to blend this soup.
- Adding coconut milk is optional. You can use any other plant-based milk too. Non-vegans can use cream or milk too.
- Any other spice or herb can also be used in this soup. Generally, warm spices like ginger or nutmeg go very well with cauliflower.