Sour cream and onion dip
Sour cream and onion dip- a deliciously creamy and satisfying dip that can make your appetizers taste even better. It's very easy to make and needs just eight basic ingredients.
- 1.5 cups sour cream
- 1 white/ yellow onion-finely chopped around 1.5 cups chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil/ canola oil
- 1 stalk spring onion finely chopped
Heat oil in a pan and add chopped onion. Cook until the onions turn golden brown. Switch off the gas and allow the mixture to reach room temperature.
In a bowl add sour cream, all the seasonings, spring onion, and fried onion. Mix and enjoy with potato chips or any other snack.
- The flavor of mustard increases after a few hours, so if you prefer milder mustard flavor either reduce the quantity of mustard or don't make this dip in advance.
- You can also add onion powder to the dip.
- For a more garlicky flavor, fry some finely chopped garlic cloves along with onion and use it in the recipe.
- More detailed recipe tips and tricks are given in the post above. Please follow them to make this recipe.
Calories: 163kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 47mg | Potassium: 122mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 379IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 70mg | Iron: 1mg