Tabbouleh is a delicious and most popular vegan salad from the Middle East made with bulgar wheat, herbs, and vegetables.
Servings 5 people
- 0.5 cup bulgur wheat
- 1.5 cups boiling water
- 4 cups finely chopped parsley use only the leaves and soft stalk
- 0.25 cups finely chopped spring onion both green and white part
- 7-8 chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup finely chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup finely chopped cucumber preferably Persian cucumber
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt as per taste
Put bulgar wheat in a bowl and add boiling water to it. Cover the bowl with a lid for 10-15 minutes.
After 15 minutes, remove the lid, fluff the bulgar wheat with a fork and add all the remaining ingredients.
Toss well and enjoy this flavorful Middle Eastern salad with grilled vegetables, Hummus, Baba Ganoush, Pita bread or any dish of your choice.
Calories: 153kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 36mg | Potassium: 464mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 4420IU | Vitamin C: 75mg | Calcium: 87mg | Iron: 4mg