Greek Salad also known as Horiatiki salad is a delicious and refreshing salad from Greece made with cucumber, tomato, onions, feta cheese, olives, pepper, and an amazing olive oil dressing.
Spring season is almost here and so is the best time to have salads.
As the days will start getting hotter, you will see more and more salad recipes on my blog. Who doesn’t like a plate of refreshing salad especially during summers?
Every cuisine has some amazing salad recipes and I am looking forward to trying a lot of them this summer.
Do you know that the word salad comes from the Latin word ‘Herba Salta’ which means Salted herbs?
Today I am sharing one of my favorite salad recipes – Greek Salad, also known as Horiatiki salad.
It’s delicious, very easy to make, filling yet light.
Which is the most popular vegan/ vegetarian salad in your country? Please share with me, I would love to hear about it.
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links shared in my blog are affiliate links and I will get benefited if you buy products from them at no extra cost to you. However, I have personally used most of these products hence recommending them to you. You are free to buy them from anywhere also.
How to make Greek Salad?
- 1 cup Feta cheese cubes
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 large cucumber
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 small green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar optional
- 3 teaspoons oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder
- Salt as per taste
- Juice of 1/2 a large lemon you may change the quantity as per your liking
- Half the cherry tomatoes, make medium size chunks of cucumber & green bell pepper and thinly slice the red onion. Put them all in a bowl along with the feta cheese cubes and olives.
- For dressing mix olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over salad, mix and serve!