Greek Salad also known as Horiatiki salad is a delicious and refreshing salad from Greece made with cucumber, tomato, onions, feta cheese, olives, pepper, and an amazing olive oil dressing.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Spring season is almost here and so is the best time to have salads.
As the days will start getting hotter, you will see more and more salad recipes on my blog. Who doesn’t like a plate of refreshing salad especially during summers?
Every cuisine has some amazing salad recipes and I am looking forward to trying a lot of them this summer.
Do you know that the word salad comes from the Latin word ‘Herba Salta’ which means Salted herbs?
Today I am sharing one of my favorite salad recipes – Greek Salad, also known as Horiatiki salad.
It’s delicious, very easy to make, filling yet light.
Which is the most popular vegan/ vegetarian salad in your country? Please share with me, I would love to hear about it.
- 1 cup feta cheese cubes
- 1.5 cups cherry tomato cut into half
- 1 medium-sized Persian/ English cucumber chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 medium-sized red onion thinly sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives pitted
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar optional
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice adjust as per taste
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano
- Ground black pepper as per taste
- Salt as per taste
- Put feta cheese cubes, tomato, cucumber, onion, bell pepper, and olives into a large salad bowl.
- For dressing mix olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over salad, toss and serve!
- Add salt carefully as feta cheese is already quite salty.
- Instead of using whole pitted olives, you can also add sliced ones.
- Finely chopped dill or mint leaves can be added too for extra freshness and flavor.