Chili garlic noodles is a very simple and tasty Asian noodle recipe that needs just a handful of basic ingredients and gets ready within 30 minutes. If you like simple flavors then you will definitely love this easy noodle dish.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I love simple dishes that have just one or two prominent flavors like today's recipe- Easy chili garlic noodles.
It is garlicky with a kick of hot chili peppers. If you love garlic and a little spicy food too then you will definitely love this dish.
You will get only a hint of chili peppers so don't worry even if your heat tolerance level is not high. However, if you love extra hot food, just increase the quantity of chili oil.
This hot garlic noodle is a perfect recipe for busy days when you are not in a mood to spend hours in the kitchen.
You just need to boil noodles, saute garlic, add sauce, chili oil, noodles, spring onion, mix, cook for a few minutes and enjoy!
What goes in chili garlic noodles
Noodles: Of course, you need noodles to make this dish. Pick any variety of your choice. I personally feel that the thick variety of noodles taste the best in this recipe.
Chili Oil: It not only adds heat but gives a nice smoky flavor too, to the dish.
Garlic: Garlic will add one of the two most prominent flavors of this dish. Adjust the quantity as per your liking.
Other Condiments: Other than the above three main ingredients some very basic condiments like sugar, salt, pepper, cooking oil, vegan/ vegetarian oyster sauce are also needed to make this recipe.
Spring onion: Adding spring onion is optional. You can add other greens of your choice too but spring onion goes the best with Asian dishes.
What is chili oil
One of the main ingredients of this dish is Chili Oil. It's an Asian condiment made by infusing the oil with chili peppers and sometimes with other spices too.
You can easily find it in the Asian section of almost every grocery store.
However, making it at home is so simple that I never buy it from the market. It needs only 3 ingredients and gets ready within 5 minutes. You can check my easy homemade chili oil recipe.
If you like Asian food, I would suggest keeping a jar of Chili oil in your pantry. It can be used in noodles, rice, soup, stir-fries, and can be served as a side dish with Asian appetizers, buns, and dumplings too.
Tips & Tricks
- Use a thick variety of noodles in this recipe.
- If you don't like simple flavors, add more vegetables and greens to the dish.
- Adjust the amount of chili oil depending upon your heat preference.
- I love garlic so add a lot of it. You can adjust the amount depending upon your taste preference.
- Both homemade and store-bought chili oil can be used in this dish.
More easy vegan and vegetarian noodle recipes
Looking for more easy noodle recipe ideas to try at home? Don't miss to check the following links:
- Mushroom noodles
- Peanut butter noodles
- Kung Pao noodles
- Veg Chow Mein
- Teriyaki noodles
- Quick vegetable ramen
If you try any of my recipes then please don’t miss to rate it in the comments section below.
Step by step photo instructions
Chili Garlic Noodles
- Large wok
- 300 grams noodles
- 1.5 tablespoons minced garlic
- 4-5 stalks spring onion, chopped keep white and green part separated
- 4-6 tablespoons chili oil adjust to taste
- 2 tablespoons vegan/ vegetarian oyster sauce
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar regular white sugar or palm sugar can be used too
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon any neutral-flavored cooking oil
- Boil noodles as per the instructions given on its packet.
- In a bowl, mix oyster sauce, chili oil, salt, sugar, and pepper. Keep the sauce mix aside.
- Heat oil in a large wok and add crushed garlic to it. Saute for about a minute or until its raw smell goes away. Add the chopped white part of spring onion and saute for a few seconds.
- Add the sauce mix and cook for another few seconds.
- Finally, add the boiled noodles and chopped spring onion greens. Mix until the sauce gets evenly coated on every noodle strand. Stir fry the noodles on high flame for around 4-5 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite Asian stir-fried dish.
- Instead of vegan/ vegetarian oyster sauce, you can also use any other Asian stir-fry sauce of your choice.
- Adjust the quantity of chili oil depending on your heat tolerance level.
- You may drizzle some sesame oil on top for extra flavor.
- Instead of salt, you may also add soy sauce. Both can be used too.
- More recipe tips and tricks are given within the post above, please follow them to make this recipe.