Garlic chili oil noodles is a spicy Asian noodle recipe that needs just a handful of basic ingredients and gets ready in less than 30 minutes. If you like spicy food then you will definitely love these hot garlic noodles.
I love simple dishes that have just one or two prominent flavors like today's recipe- Easy chili garlic noodles.
It is garlicky with a kick of hot chili peppers. If you love garlic and spicy food too then you will definitely love these spicy Asian noodles.
Also, this dish gets ready in less than 30 minutes so you can easily make it even on busy days.
What goes in garlic chili oil noodles?
To make these spicy Asian noodles you will need just 9 ingredients which are shown below:
- Noodles: You can use any type of noodles to make this dish. You can also use spaghetti or instant ramen to make spicy garlic noodles.
- Chili oil. It not only adds heat but also gives a nice smoky flavor to the dish. You can use store-bought chili oil or make it at home. Making chili oil at home is very easy, you can try my easy homemade chili oil recipe if you have never made it before.
- Garlic: Garlic is one of the two most prominent flavors of this dish. Adjust the quantity to suit your taste.
- Vegan/ vegetarian oyster sauce: I am a vegetarian so I use oyster sauce that's made with oyster mushrooms. If you don't have any dietary preference then you can use regular oyster sauce too. You can also use any other Asian stir-fry sauce of your choice.
- Spring onion: I love adding spring onion to my Asian dishes. Bok choy can also be added to these Asian garlic noodles.
How to make (step-by-step instructions)?
Step 1: Cook noodles as per the instructions given on its packet.
Step 2: In a bowl, mix oyster mushroom sauce, chili oil, salt, sugar, and pepper. Keep it aside.
Step 3: Heat oil in a wok. Add crushed garlic and saute for about a minute or until the raw smell of garlic goes away.
Step 4: Add the chopped white part of the spring onion and saute for a few seconds.
Step 5: Add sauce mix.
Step 6: Cook for a few seconds.
Step 7: Add boiled noodles and chopped spring onion greens.
Step 8: Mix until the sauce gets evenly coated on the noodle strands. Stir fry on a high flame for 3-4 minutes.
Your Asian garlic chili oil noodles are ready to be enjoyed.
How to serve these garlic noodles?
This dish can be enjoyed by itself. However, if you want you can also pair it up with an Asian stir fry dish.
Some of the dishes that can be served with these garlic noodles are given below:
How to store?
Transfer the leftovers to an airtight container and refrigerate for 3-4 days.
To reheat, either microwave for a few minutes, stirring once in between.
Alternatively, transfer to a wok, sprinkle some water, cover the wok with a lid, and reheat on the stovetop on a medium flame. Keep checking and stirring in between until evenly heated.
Recipe tips and tricks
- Use a large wok to make this dish. Stirring the noodles will be more convenient in it.
- For more flavors, you can add vegetables like broccolini, green beans, carrots, and more greens to the dish.
- You can adjust the amount of chili oil depending on your heat preference.
- I love garlic so have added a lot of it. You can adjust the amount depending on your taste preference.
- I have not used soy sauce in this recipe but if you want you can skip the salt and add soy sauce.
- Both homemade and store-bought chili oil can be used in this dish.
Frequently asked questions
Yes, you can use instant noodles to make this dish.
Yes, you can.
If you try any of my recipes, please rate ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ it on the recipe card and also leave your feedback in the comments section below. You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and subscribe to my youtube channel.
Garlic chili oil noodles
- Large wok
- 300 grams noodles
- 1.5 tablespoons minced garlic
- 4-5 stalks spring onion, chopped keep white and green part separated
- 3-4 tablespoons chili oil adjust to taste
- 2 tablespoons oyster mushroom sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar regular white sugar or palm sugar can be used too
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon any neutral-flavored cooking oil
- Boil noodles as per the instructions given on its packet.
- In a bowl, mix oyster sauce, chili oil, salt, sugar, and pepper. Keep the sauce mixture aside.
- Heat oil in a large wok and add crushed garlic to it. Saute for about a minute or until its raw smell goes away. Add the chopped white part of spring onion and saute for a few seconds.
- Add the sauce mix and cook for another few seconds.
- Add boiled noodles and chopped spring onion greens. Mix until the sauce gets evenly coated on the noodle strands. Stir fry the noodles on a high flame for around 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite Asian stir-fried dish.
- Use a large wok to make this dish.
- Instead of vegan/ vegetarian oyster sauce, you can also use any other Asian stir-fry sauce of your choice.
- Adjust the quantity of chili oil depending on your heat tolerance level.
- You may drizzle some toasted sesame oil on top for a nutty flavor.
- I have not used soy sauce in this dish, if you want you can replace salt with soy sauce.
- You may also add some vegetables to this dish like broccolini, green beans, carrots, etc.
- More recipe tips and tricks are shared in the post above, please follow them to make this recipe.