Greek yogurt dip also known as tzatziki dip is a simple, and refreshing vegetarian dish from Greece. Serve it with any snack of your choice, fill inside your wraps and sandwich or drizzle over your salads, it will make your food yummier.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here. As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases without any extra cost to you.
The recipe which I am sharing today is of one of my favorite dips- Tzatziki which is Greek yogurt dip.
Tzatziki is a very simple recipe that needs only a few ingredients that are generally available in every kitchen like yogurt, garlic, cucumber, herbs, olive oil, and lemon.
I love this dish so much that I always keep frozen dill in my freezer so that I can enjoy Tzatziki whenever I want.
History and origin
It's believed that the origin of Tzatziki is in Ottoman Empire and it comes from a Turkish word Cacik.
Dips similar to this Greek Yogurt dip are also eaten in Turkey, Armenia, Persia, and the entire Middle East.
- Greek Yogurt dip can be served with vegetable sticks, grilled vegetables, or any other snack.
- Fill it inside your wraps and sandwiches for extra freshness.
- You can also drizzle it over salads as a refreshing, creamy dressing.
Recipe tips & tricks
- Always use thick yogurt to make this dip.
- You can add more fresh herbs like parsley, mint, or coriander leaves.
- Make it in advance and keep in the fridge for a few hours before serving. It will become more flavorful.
- If you are using a variety of cucumber-like Persian or English then peeling it is not mandatory.
More easy dips from around the world
I love dips as much as I love the snacks with which they are served. If you do too then don't miss to check the following easy dip recipes from around the world:
- Mango chutney
- Peanut chutney
- Classic hummus
- Bengali style tomato chutney
- Momos chutney
- Thai peanut sauce
If you try any of my recipes, please rate ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ it on the recipe card and also leave your feedback in the comments section below. You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and subscribe to my youtube channel.
Greek Yogurt Dip
- 2 cups Greek yogurt
- 1 small cucumber peeled and grated
- 4-5 minced garlic cloves adjust as per taste
- 3 tbsp finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt as per taste
- Beat the yogurt in a bowl.
- Gently press the grated cucumber to remove excess water from it.
- In a large bowl mix all the ingredients. Keep in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve as a refreshing dip with your favorite vegetable sticks/ chips or any other dish of your choice.
- Peeling the cucumber is optional.
- You can add more herbs like fresh mint, parsley, etc depending upon your preference.
Leave a Reply