Stir fried snow peas with garlic is a simple, crunchy, and delicious side dish that gets ready within 15 minutes. This vegan Asian dish has a very refreshing taste which everyone loves.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here. As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases without any extra cost to you.
I love Asian stir fries as they are very easy to make, get ready within minutes, and always taste so good.
Whenever we want to enjoy a good home cooked Asian meal, I cook some jasmine rice or noodles and quickly make 2-3 Asian stir fried dishes. The whole process takes no longer than 1 hour.
Today, I am sharing one such easy Asian stir fry recipe that takes less than 15 minutes to get ready- Stir fry snow peas or you can also call it Garlic sesame snow peas.
If you also like effortless cooking then do try this simple recipe.
What are snow peas?
Snow pea is a type of pea with a flat pod and very small peas inside. Unlike regular pea, the pod of snow pea is also edible.
They are sweeter than the regular peas.
Are snow peas and sugar snap peas the same?
No, snow peas and sugar snap peas are not the same. Sugar snap peas fall somewhere in between snow peas and regular garden peas.
Sugar snap peas are rounder than the snow peas and also sweeter.
However, you can follow this recipe to make garlic sugar snap peas too. It may take a few minutes more to get cooked.
Ingredients required and substitute suggestions
To make garlicky stir fried snow peas, the following ingredients will be required:
- Snow peas: You can also make a similar Asian stir fry dish with sugar snap or French beans.
- Toasted black sesame seeds: White sesame seeds can be used too. Slightly toasting the seeds makes them more flavorful.
- Chili flakes: Finely chopped chili peppers can be used too.
- Salt: Salt can be replaced with Soy sauce.
- Ground black pepper
- Garlic: Garlic powder can also be used.
- Ginger: You can also add ginger powder
- Sesame oil: It gives a very nice nutty flavor to Asian dishes.
- Vegetable oil: Feel free to use any neutral-flavored cooking oil
Stir-fried snow peas with ginger and garlic can be enjoyed as an appetizer with just soy sauce or any home-made or store-bought Asian sauce.
It can also be served as a side dish with fried rice or a noodle dish.
You can also add it to your Asian buddha bowl.
Recipe tips and tricks
- Remove the ends and string of snow peas before stir-frying.
- Don't overcook the peas they should be crunchy.
- You can replace salt with soy sauce.
- More vegetables like carrots, French beans, broccoli, asparagus, or mushrooms can also be added to this dish to make it more flavorful and nutritious.
- Snow peas can also be stir-fried in chili oil.
- If you prefer spicy food, add finely chopped chili peppers and hot sauce to garlic snow peas.
- For a tangy taste squeeze some from lime juice at the end.
More vegan side dishes
Looking for more quick and easy vegan side dish recipes? Don't miss to check the following recipes:
Step by step photo instructions
If you try any of my recipes, please rate ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ it on the recipe card and also leave your feedback in the comments section below. You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and subscribe to my youtube channel.
Stir fried snow peas
- Cut off the tips of the snow peas and remove the side strings.
- Heat both the oils in a pan. Add chili flakes, saute for a few seconds and add snow peas, garlic, ginger, salt, and pepper.
- Saute for about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle black sesame seeds and enjoy!
- Instead of using chili flakes, Asian chili oil can be added too.
- Don't overcook the snow peas, they should be cooked but remain crunchy.
- More vegetables like carrots, French beans, broccoli, asparagus, or mushrooms can also be used in this recipe.
- You can also add some lemon juice at the end.
- For extra heat, add finely chopped chili peppers or hot sauce to the dish.