Moroccan carrot salad is a delicious & healthy side dish in which steamed carrots are tossed with olive oil, garlic, a few Middle Eastern spices and herbs.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I don’t believe in counting every calorie which I take in as it takes away the pleasure of eating by filling us with guilt. I believe that enjoying food is very important but I also understand the importance of eating healthy.
That’s the reason I keep on collecting and making healthy recipes from all over the world.
Today’s recipe – Moroccan carrot salad is one such recipe. This vegan and gluten-free Moroccan salad recipe has all the qualities of a ‘to die for recipe’ – it’s very easy to make, gets ready within minutes, looks beautiful, requires only a few very easily available ingredients, is healthy and the most important thing – tastes great.
The geographical position of Morocco has left an impact of both Middle Eastern and Mediterranean cuisine on the country’s food which makes it very interesting.
My husband and I, have been planning to visit Morocco for quite some time now but every time the plan gets changed and we go somewhere else.
A beautiful Tajine pot is on the top position of my list of things to buy from Morocco. Though they are easily available in many places in Dubai, I want to bring mine from Morocco.
So till the time we actually visit the country, cooking and enjoying Moroccan food at home is one way of experiencing the country.
In this carrot salad, you can use carrot in raw as well as cooked form. I prefer having it slightly cooked but you can make it as per your taste preference. It’s eaten both ways.
More easy salad recipes
- Middle Eastern bean salad-Balela (vegan)
- Armenian eggplant salad (vegetarian)
- Lebanese Fattoush (vegan)
- American Waldorf salad (vegetarian)
- Greek salad (vegetarian)
- Middle Eastern Tabbouleh (vegan)
More vegan Moroccan recipes
If you want to try more easy vegan and vegetarian recipes to try at home, the following links are worth checking:
- Oven roasted potatoes-Moroccan style
- Moroccan spiced couscous salad
- Moroccan sweet potato and chickpeas salad
Step by step photo instructions
If you try any of my recipes, please rate ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ it on the recipe card and also leave your feedback in the comments section below. You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and subscribe to my youtube channel.
Moroccan carrot salad
- 4 cups carrot cubes
- ½ cup finely chopped cilantro if you don't like cilantro, use parsley.
- 4 cloves of garlic grated
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 teaspoon paprika
- 1.5 teaspoons sumac optional
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- Salt as per taste
- In a pan add carrot cubes and around 1.5 cups of water. Cook for around 12-15 minutes. The carrots should be cooked but remain firm. Once done, strain and discard the excess water, if any.
- Mix olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, cilantro, salt, and all the spices in a bowl.
- In a large bowl add the warm carrot cubes. Pour the dressing over them and mix well.
- Serve warm.
Leave a Reply