This vegan sandwich with kale, boiled potatoes and mustard is an easy and tasty breakfast recipe. They are perfect to be packed for a filling school or office lunch.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Who doesn’t love easy to make, quick and delicious sandwiches. They are perfect to be eaten at any time of the day.
Today I am sharing a very easy and simple sandwich recipe-Vegan kale and potato sandwich.
I was planning to make a vegan version of Kale & potato soup so bought some fresh kale from the market a few days back. Kale is not easily available and generally overpriced in Dubai grocery stores. I was not getting time to plan and try the vegan substitutes of the soup so the kale remained untouched in my fridge for a few days.
Since I didn’t want to waste my precious kale, I decided to use it in another recipe and came up with this simple vegan sandwich idea.
In this recipe, I have slightly cooked kale, you can use raw baby kale also.
The stuffing is very basic and simple. I sautéed some crushed garlic with kale as I didn’t want to keep the garlic raw (I was planning to pack these sandwiches for office lunch). Then, I mixed boiled potatoes, Dijon mustard sauce, chili flakes, pepper, salt, lemon juice, and sauteed kale & garlic, stuffed the filling between two bread slices and toasted the sandwich. It was delicious.
You can have it as a breakfast, lunch or even a snack.
More tasty veggie sandwich recipes this blog
- Vegan beetroot hummus and avocado sandwich
- Vegan Arabic sandwich
- Avocado & mung bean sprouts sandwich
If you try any of my recipes then please don’t miss to share your feedback and rate the recipe in the comments section below.
You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram.
Step by step photo instructions
Vegan kale & potato sandwich
- 8 slices Bread
- 2 potatoes, medium-sized
- 1 cup kale
- 2-3 garlic cloves grated
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp chili flakes
- ½ teaspoon black pepper powder or as per taste
- Salt as per taste
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- Vegan butter/ olive oil to toast the sandwich optional
- Boil, peel and roughly chop the potatoes. Add mustard, mix and keep aside
- Heat oil in a pan and add garlic, saute for a few seconds. Trim off the stems from kale leaves and put it in the pan. Saute for a few minutes till the leaves get wilted.
- Mix potatoes, kale, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and chili flakes. Put the stuffing between two bread slices, pan toast the sandwich. You can use butter/ vegan butter to toast the sandwiches.
- Serve with your favorite dip and beverage.
Leave a Reply