This vegan sandwich with kale, boiled potatoes and mustard is an easy and tasty breakfast recipe. They are perfect to be packed for a filling school or office lunch.
Who doesn’t love easy to make, quick and delicious sandwiches. They are perfect to be eaten at any time of the day.
Today I am sharing a very easy and simple sandwich recipe-Vegan kale and potato sandwich.
I was planning to make a vegan version of Kale & potato soup so bought some fresh kale from the market a few days back. Kale is not easily available and generally overpriced in Dubai grocery stores. I was not getting time to plan and try the vegan substitutes of the soup so the kale remained untouched in my fridge for a few days.
Since I didn’t want to waste my precious kale, I decided to use it in another recipe and came up with this simple vegan sandwich idea.
In this recipe, I have slightly cooked kale, you can use raw baby kale also.
The stuffing is very basic and simple. I sautéed some crushed garlic with kale as I didn’t want to keep the garlic raw (I was planning to pack these sandwiches for office lunch). Then, I mixed boiled potatoes, Dijon mustard sauce, chili flakes, pepper, salt, lemon juice, and sauteed kale & garlic, stuffed the filling between two bread slices and toasted the sandwich. It was delicious.
You can have it as a breakfast, lunch or even a snack.
More tasty veggie sandwich recipes this blog:
- Vegan beetroot hummus and avocado sandwich
- Vegan Arabic sandwich
- Avocado & mung bean sprouts sandwich
If you try any of my recipes then please don’t miss to share your feedback and rate the recipe in the comments section below.
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links shared in my blog are affiliate links and I will get benefited if you buy products from them at no extra cost to you. However, I have personally used most of these products hence recommending them to you. You are free to buy them from anywhere also.
How to make vegan kale & potato sandwich?
Vegan kale & potato sandwich
- 8 slices Bread
- 2 potatoes, medium-sized
- 1 cup kale
- 2-3 garlic cloves grated
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder or as per taste
- Salt as per taste
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- Vegan butter/ olive oil to toast the sandwich optional
- Boil, peel and roughly chop the potatoes. Add mustard, mix and keep aside
- Heat oil in a pan and add garlic, saute for a few seconds. Trim off the stems from kale leaves and put it in the pan. Saute for a few minutes till the leaves get wilted.
- Mix potatoes, kale, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and chili flakes. Put the stuffing between two bread slices, pan toast the sandwich. You can use butter/ vegan butter to toast the sandwiches.
- Serve with your favorite dip and beverage.