Try this refreshing watermelon lemonade recipe once and it will become your favorite summer drink. If you are looking for recipes of alcohol-free drinks to beat the summer then this is a perfect one for you.
If I have to choose ingredients that are the epitome of freshness, my top picks will be watermelon, fresh mint leaves, lemon/lime, and cucumber. That’s why during summers you will rarely find them missing in my fridge. And, today’s recipe – Watermelon lemonade has three out of these four ingredients in it. Naturally, it’s one of my favorite summer drinks.
If you also love Watermelon then don’t miss to check my Greek Watermelon Salad recipe.
The days have just got started getting hotter in Dubai and I have already made this lemonade 3-4 times. I love it so much that even while writing this post, I am craving it.
Made with just six basic ingredients (including water and ice), this summer drink gets ready in under 15 minutes. What more can you ask for?
How to pick the perfect watermelon?
A lot of people struggle with choosing the right Watermelon which is sweet and juicy. I am sharing a few tips which I follow to pick the perfect watermelon every time.
- Look for the one with a creamy patch on it. The darker the patch the better i.e. a yellow patched watermelon will be better than the one with a white or creamy patch. That patch is the side on which watermelon was touching the ground in the farm. It grows with the time that watermelon remains in the farm. If the patch is not there or is too small it means the watermelon was plucked before it could ripe completely.
- Knock on the watermelon, if it sounds hollow-go for it.
- Lift it up- if it feels heavy for it’s size, take that watermelon home. It’s heavy because of the juice inside it.
- Look for weblike brown spots on the watermelon. The melon with more patches will be sweeter.
- You will find watermelons in two shapes. The round ones and the elongated ones. The round watermelons are generally sweeter and the elongated ones are watery.
- Check the tail. Green tail means it was plucked too early so it won’t be ripe. The tail should have dried.
Tips and Tricks for making Watermelon lemonade
- Select your watermelon properly. It should be ripe and sweet. The tips above will help you with that.
- Adding sugar is optional. If the watermelon is already sweet enough, skip the sugar. You can also choose a healthier sweetener like honey, palm sugar or maple syrup.
- If you want to keep some pulp in the lemonade, don’t strain it.
- Instead of using mint leaves just for garnishing, blend it with watermelon. The lemonade will be tastier.
- You can also use sparkling water instead of water in this recipe.
More easy alcohol-free summer drinks
Are you looking for quick and easy alcohol-free summer drink recipes? Don’t miss to check the following recipes on my blog:
If you try any of my recipes then please don’t miss to rate it in the comments section below.
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links shared in my blog are affiliate links and I will get benefited if you buy products from them at no extra cost to you. However, I have personally used most of these products hence recommending them to you. You are free to buy them from anywhere also.
How to make Watermelon lemonade?
- 6 cups watermelon cubes remove the seeds
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar optional, adjust as per taste
- 15 mint leaves keep some aside for garnishing
- 2 cups chilled water
- Ice cubes optional
- Put the watermelon cubes, lemon juice, sugar, and around 10 mint leaves in a blender. Blend to make a smooth paste.
- Use a fine strainer to strain all the juice in a jar. If you like you can also keep some pulp in the lemonade.
- Add water and mix.
- Put ice cubes and mint leaves in serving glasses. Pour the lemonade and enjoy!
- The amount of sugar will vary depending upon how sweet is the watermelon. You can completely skip the sugar or just replace with a healthier sweetener like palm sugar, maple syrup, or honey.
- Instead of water, you can also use sparkling water to make this recipe.