This Greek Watermelon Salad is a refreshing, vegetarian summer salad made with a unique combination of watermelon, feta cheese, cucumber, red onion, mint leaves, and a simple olive oil dressing.
Lately, I have been posting a lot of salad recipes on my blog and the piercing heat of Dubai is the reason behind it. This is my eighth salad recipe in the last four months. If you have missed any of them, please check the links below:
- Lebanese Fattoush (Vegan)
- Moroccan carrot salad (Vegan)
- Middle Eastern bean salad (Vegan)
- Egyptian Farro salad (Vegetarian)
- Armenian Eggplant salad (Vegetarian)
- American Waldorf salad (Vegetarian)
- Greek salad (Vegetarian)
Almost each of these recipes is from a different country and is delicious.
Sometimes, you come across recipes with a weird combination of ingredients which you cannot imagine eating together but you end up enjoying it. This watermelon salad is one such recipe. Before eating this delicious salad, I could never have imagined eating onion and watermelon together so this delicious salad surprised me.
However, what I love the most about this salad is the fusion of sweet crunch of watermelon with the savory creaminess of feta cheese.
It’s a perfect BBQ side dish for summers.
Please keep in mind not to make the Greek Watermelon salad in advance. You can keep everything else ready but chop and mix chilled watermelon just before serving otherwise, watermelon will release water and lose its crunch.
It takes only a few minutes to make this salad. Chop all your vegetables, watermelon, and cheese in equal size, make a simple olive oil-based dressing, toss everything, and enjoy your refreshing, crunchy, and healthy Greek watermelon salad.
If you try any of my recipes and like it then please don’t miss to rate it in the comments section.
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links shared in my blog are affiliate links and I will get benefited if you buy products from them at no extra cost to you. However, I have personally used most of these products hence recommending them to you. You are free to buy them from anywhere also.
How to make Greek Watermelon Salad?
Greek Watermelon Salad
- 2 cups watermelon cubes
- 1 cup feta cheese cubes
- 1 medium-sized cucumber peeled, de-seeded and cut into equal sized pieces
- 1 small red onion diced into equal, medium-sized pieces
- 10-12 mint leaves
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly crushed black pepper
- Salt as per taste
- In a bowl put all the vegetables, watermelon, feta cheese, and mint leaves.
- In another small bowl prepare the dressing by mixing olive oil with lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over salad, toss well and enjoy.