This Chinese style vegan noodle soup is made with bok choy, fried tofu, and noodles. It’s a very easy and delicious Asian noodle soup which everyone must try.
A cup of delicious hot soup of any kind is universal comfort food. Its warmth relaxes you instantly and makes you feel good.
The soup that works the best for you may vary depending upon your taste preferences. For me, there is not one but a couple of soup recipes – even their thoughts are comforting for me.
My comforting soup recipes are Soya bean soup (a Himalayan recipe from my state of origin- Uttarakhand), Spicy tomato soup, without cream (only if it’s prepared by my mother), Rasam (only if prepared by my father), Sweet corn soup (with some extra pieces of vinegar dipped green chillies), Minestrone soup and Vegan noodle soup with bok choy and fried tofu (I have already started craving for all these soups).
I will be covering all these recipes in my blog, one by one, but my pick for the day is the last one – Vegan noodle soup with bok choy and fried tofu.
We had this noodle soup last week only but its ingredients have already been refilled in my fridge. No matter how much I make it, when I am about to finish the soup in my bowl, I always regret not making it a little more to satisfy my greedy self.
The crunchiness of bok choy and soft fried tofu soaked in the mild flavors of the soup are sufficient to relax you after a long tiring day at work.
If you also love vegan noodle soup or any type of vegan Asian soup, then you must try this recipe.
You can also replace bok choy with spinach in this recipe.
More vegan Asian soup recipes:
- Vegan khow suey-Burmese
- Vegan curry laksa-Malaysia
- Vegan mushroom tom yum soup – Thai
- Vegan fried tofu and wonton soup- Chinese.
If you try any of my recipes then please don’t miss to rate it in the comments section below.
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links shared in my blog are affiliate links and I will get benefited if you buy products from them at no extra cost to you. However, I have personally used most of these products hence recommending them to you. You are free to buy them from anywhere also.
How to make Vegan bok choy and tofu noodle soup?
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Making time: 30 minutes
- Any noodle of your choice: 150 gms
- Fried tofu : 10-12 pieces
- Mushroom : 7-8 pieces
- Bok choy : 6-7 leaves
- Spring onion : 4-5 sprigs
- Onion: 1 small
- Garlic : 4-5 cloves
- Ginger: 1 inch piece
- Green chilli: 1 / as per taste
- Soya sauce/ tamari : 1 & ½ tablespoon
- Red chilli sauce: 1 tablespoon
- White vinegar: 1 tablespoon
- Vegetable stock: 1 cube (You can also use the liquid one)
- Salt : As per taste
- Black pepper powder : ½ teaspoon / as per taste
- Cooking oil : 2 tablespoon
- Finely chop the onion, stem of bok choy, garlic, and green chilli. Make 1 inch pieces of the spring onion, thin slices of ginger and bite size pieces of mushrooms. Cut each bok choy leaf horizontally into 2 pieces.
- In a large pan, heat oil and stir fry the bok choy leaves on high heat for few seconds i.e. till they are cooked but crunchy. Take out the leaves on a plate and keep aside. I want to maintain the crunch as well as bright green color of bok choy so avoid cooking it in the broth.
- After taking out bok choy, in the same pan, add chopped onions, ginger and garlic. Stir fry for around a minute and then add in the mushrooms, sauté for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the spring onion and chopped bok choy stems. Stir fry for few seconds and then throw in the fried tofu.
- Now add all the sauces, vinegar, salt and pepper and around 1.5 litres of water.
- Throw in the vegetable stock cube and mix everything properly.
- Let the soup simmer for 5- 6 minutes and then add noodles in broth. To use the noodle at this stage you must be sure how long will your noodles take to get cooked perfectly and switch off the gas few minutes before that as the noodles will continue to cook in the hot broth. If you are not comfortable using noodles at this stage, you can simply boil them separately and add it just before serving in the bowl.
- Once done, pour the soup in a bowl and put in the stir fried bok choy leaves.
- Unwind your day with the warmth of this vegan soup!