Sweet corn soup is a very tasty, light, easy to make vegan Chinese soup recipe. This easy veg corn soup recipe is perfect for hassle-free cooking.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Who doesn’t love the comfort of sipping hot soup while reading an interesting book or watching a good movie, on a beautiful cold night? While I can’t bring cold nights to Dubai that often, I try to create a similar atmosphere at home by increasing the AC cooling and dimming the lights in our room to enjoy a bowl of soup.
If you have read my older posts, you must be aware that I prefer simple, hassle-free recipes which you can prepare even after a tiring day at the office.
Today I am sharing another super quick and easy soup recipe - easy veg sweet corn soup. It's one of my favorite recipes for busy days. And, if you keep your chopped veggies ready on a weekend, you just need to throw in everything in a pot after coming back from the office and by the time you freshen up, your delicious and healthy soup is ready to be enjoyed with family.
I love collecting and sharing such recipes.
More vegan soup recipes
- Vegan fried hot tofu wonton soup
- Vegan Lasagna Soup
- Vegan Curry Laksa
- Cabbage Soup
- Vegan Greek Chickpea Soup-Revithosoupa
- Greek White Bean Soup- Fasolada
More easy corn recipes
If you also love corn and looking for some quick and easy corn recipes then don't miss to check the following links:
- Corn fritters
- Chili baby corn
- Trinidad corn soup
- Savoury muffins with tomato and corn
- Spinach corn sandwich
Step by step photo instructions
If you try any of my recipes, please rate ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ it on the recipe card and also leave your feedback in the comments section below. You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and subscribe to my youtube channel.
Sweet Corn Soup
- 1 cup sweet corn kernels fresh, frozen, or canned all are fine
- ½ cup finely chopped French beans
- ½ cup finely chopped carrot
- ¼ cup finely chopped spring onion keep white and green part separate
- 1 teaspoon grated garlic
- ½ teaspoon grated ginger
- 1.5 tbsp corn starch
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- Salt as per taste
- ½ tbsp green chili sauce optional, adjust as per taste
- 1 tbsp vinegar adjust as per taste
- ½ tbsp cooking oil any neutral flavored
- 5 cups water/ vegetable stock
- Keep around 2 tablespoons of sweet corn kernels aside, put the remaining in a grinder and make a paste.
- Heat oil in a pot. Add grated ginger, garlic, and saute for a few seconds.
- Add chopped carrot, French beans, the white part of spring onion, and sweet corn kernels. Saute for around 3-4 minutes.
- Add the corn paste and saute for about a minute.
- Next, add salt, pepper, sugar, and green chili sauce. Mix, and saute for a few seconds.
- Add water, mix everything and boil for 4-5 minutes.
- In a bowl mix corn starch with around ¼ cup of water and add to the boiling soup. Stir continuously for around a minute so that no lumps get formed. Cook until the soup thickens.
- Finely add vinegar and green part of spring onion. Cook for another minute and then switch off the gas.
- Garnish with chopped spring onion and ground black pepper. Serve hot.
- Fresh, frozen, or canned any type of sweet corn kernels can be used in this soup.
- Adjust the seasoning as per your taste.
- If you like spicy food, add some finely chopped fresh green chili peppers to the soup.