Sweet corn soup is a very tasty, light, easy to make vegan Chinese soup recipe. This easy veg corn soup recipe is perfect for hassle-free cooking.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Who doesn’t love the comfort of sipping hot soup while reading an interesting book or watching a good movie, on a beautiful cold night? While I can’t bring cold nights to Dubai that often, I try to create a similar atmosphere at home by increasing the AC cooling and dimming the lights in our room to enjoy a bowl of soup.
If you have read my older posts, you must be aware that I prefer simple, hassle-free recipes which you can prepare even after a tiring day at the office.
Today I am sharing another super quick and easy soup recipe – easy veg sweet corn soup. It’s one of my favorite recipes for busy days. And, if you keep your chopped veggies ready on a weekend, you just need to throw in everything in a pot after coming back from the office and by the time you freshen up, your delicious and healthy soup is ready to be enjoyed with family.
I love collecting and sharing such recipes.
More vegan soup recipes
- Vegan fried hot tofu wonton soup
- Vegan Lasagna Soup
- Vegan Curry Laksa
- Cabbage Soup
- Vegan Greek Chickpea Soup-Revithosoupa
- Greek White Bean Soup- Fasolada
More easy corn recipes
If you also love corn and looking for some quick and easy corn recipes then don’t miss to check the following links:
If you try any of my recipes then please don’t miss to rate it in the comments section below.
Step by step photo instructions
Sweet Corn Soup
- 1 cup sweet corn kernels fresh, frozen, or canned all are fine
- 1/2 cup finely chopped French beans
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup finely chopped spring onion keep white and green part separate
- 1 teaspoon grated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1.5 tbsp corn starch
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- Salt as per taste
- 1/2 tbsp green chili sauce optional, adjust as per taste
- 1 tbsp vinegar adjust as per taste
- 1/2 tbsp cooking oil any neutral flavored
- 5 cups water/ vegetable stock
- Keep around 2 tablespoons of sweet corn kernels aside, put the remaining in a grinder and make a paste.
- Heat oil in a pot. Add grated ginger, garlic, and saute for a few seconds.
- Add chopped carrot, French beans, the white part of spring onion, and sweet corn kernels. Saute for around 3-4 minutes.
- Add the corn paste and saute for about a minute.
- Next, add salt, pepper, sugar, and green chili sauce. Mix, and saute for a few seconds.
- Add water, mix everything and boil for 4-5 minutes.
- In a bowl mix corn starch with around 1/4 cup of water and add to the boiling soup. Stir continuously for around a minute so that no lumps get formed. Cook until the soup thickens.
- Finely add vinegar and green part of spring onion. Cook for another minute and then switch off the gas.
- Garnish with chopped spring onion and ground black pepper. Serve hot.
- Fresh, frozen, or canned any type of sweet corn kernels can be used in this soup.
- Adjust the seasoning as per your taste.
- If you like spicy food, add some finely chopped fresh green chili peppers to the soup.