Sweet corn soup is a very tasty, light, easy to make vegan Chinese soup recipe. This easy veg corn soup recipe is perfect for hassle-free cooking.
Who doesn’t love the comfort of sipping hot soup while reading an interesting book or watching a good movie, on a beautiful cold night? While I can’t bring cold nights to Dubai that often, I try to create a similar atmosphere at home by increasing the AC cooling and dimming the lights in our room to enjoy a bowl of soup.
If you have read my older posts, you must be aware that I prefer simple, hassle-free recipes which you can prepare even after a tiring day at the office.
Today I am sharing another super quick and easy soup recipe – easy veg sweet corn soup. It’s one of my favorite recipes for busy days. And, if you keep your chopped veggies ready on a weekend, you just need to throw in everything in a pot after coming back from the office and by the time you freshen up, your delicious and healthy soup is ready to be enjoyed with family.
I love collecting and sharing such recipes.
More vegan soup recipes:
4. Cabbage Soup
If you try any of my recipes then please don’t miss to rate it in the comments section below.
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links shared in my blog are affiliate links and I will get benefited if you buy products from them at no extra cost to you. However, I have personally used most of these products hence recommending them to you. You are free to buy them from anywhere also.
How to make Sweet corn soup?
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
- Sweet corn(frozen / fresh) : 1 cup
- Spring onion : 1 sprig
- French beans : ½ a cup
- Carrot : ½ a cup
- Vinegar : 1 tablespoon
- Corn flour : 4 teaspoon
- Pepper powder (black or white both are fine) : 1 teaspoon / as per taste
- Salt : as per taste
- Water : 4 cups / as required
- Finely chop all the vegetables and keep aside.
- Keep around 2 tablespoon of sweet corn aside and put the remaining in a grinder.
- Add around 1 tablespoon of water and make a thin paste.
- In a pot add all the chopped vegetables, sweet corn kernels, corn paste, salt and around 4-5 cups of water.
- Mix everything nicely and let it simmer for around 10 minutes.
- In a bowl mix the corn flour with around 2 tablespoon water and make a thin paste.
- Add this to the soup and stir for a minute.
- Now, add vinegar and pepper powder to the soup and boil for another 2-3 minutes.
- Take out in a bowl, garnish with chopped spring onions. You may also add chopped green chillies, if you want to add some heat to your soup.
- Enjoy your bowl of delicious comfort!