Veg Manchow Soup is a delicious vegan soup recipe made by cooking finely chopped vegetables in a hot & spicy broth filled with Asian flavors. The soup is garnished with fried noodles which add a nice texture to it.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Though the winter has already said goodbye to Dubai, evenings are still very pleasant. Before these beautiful evenings also go away, we are trying to enjoy as much soup as we can. I love soups and today I am sharing the recipe of a vegan soup which is very popular in India - Veg Manchow Soup.
What is Manchow Soup?
Like most of the people, before you also assume that it's a Chinese or Indo-Chinese soup just by reading its name, let me clarify that the origin of Manchow soup is not confirmed.
As per Wikipedia, the origin of this delicious soup is not China but a beautiful Northeastern state of India- Meghalaya. It could be a possibility as you can see a reflection of Chinese cuisine in many North East Indian dishes.
Considering the fact the recipe of Manchow soup is not available in the blog of any Chinese food blogger and only the Indian food bloggers have shared this recipe, the claim of Wikipedia could be true.
However, a lot of Indians think that it's a Chinese or Indo- Chinese soup because that's the category under which it's sold in India. Manchow soup one of the most popular soups in Indo- Chinese restaurants. The other popular soups in this category are Sweet corn soup and Hot & Sour soup.
Making Manchow soup at home is so easy that if you try it at home once, you will consider ordering it from a restaurant as a wastage of money. This easy soup will get ready within minutes and the only major effort required is in chopping the vegetables. But, if you have a good chopper like this, even the chopping will get over within a few minutes.
Veg Manchow soup is made by cooking very finely chopped vegetables in a delicious hot & spicy broth filled with Asian flavors. The soup is then garnished with fried noodles.
The garnishing of fried noodles is my favorite thing in Manchow Soup.
More easy vegan soup recipes from around the world
If you also love soup and are looking for more easy comforting vegan soup recipes then don't miss to check the following recipes on my blog:
- Middle Eastern Red lentil soup
- American Green Peas Soup
- Mexican black beans soup
- Greek Chickpea soup
- Ginger carrot soup
- Moroccan spiced sweet potato and chickpea soup
- Tofu noodle soup
Step by step photo instructions
If you try any of my recipes, please rate it in the recipe card and also leave your feedback in the comments section below. You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and subscribe to my youtube channel.
Veg Manchow Soup
- 1/4 cup finely chopped button mushrooms
- 1/4 cup finely chopped french beans
- 1/4 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cabbage
- 1/4 cup finely chopped capsicum
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped ginger
- 2 finely chopped red/ green chilies adjust as per taste
- 1/4 cup finely chopped spring onion green part
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Chinese red chili sauce/ any hot sauce of your choice adjust as per taste
- 1/2 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper powder adjust as per taste
- Salt as per taste
- 1.5 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 cups water/ vegetable stock
Ingredients for garnishing (optional)
- 1 cup boiled noodles
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- Oil for deep frying the noodles
- Chopped spring onions green part
- Sprinkle corn starch on boiled noodles and toss well till the starch gets evenly coated on each strand. Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the noodles. Take out on a plate and keep aside.
- In a pot, heat some oil. Add ginger, garlic, and chilies. Saute for a few seconds till they become fragrant.
- Next, add chopped onion and saute till it becomes translucent.
- Add mushrooms and saute for about 2 minutes till it's moisture gets evaporated.
- Now add all the remaining vegetables except spring onion and saute for 2-3 minutes. The vegetables should be cooked but remain crunchy.
- Add water/ vegetable stock, all the sauces, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Mix well and allow to boil.
- In a bowl mix corn starch with around 3 tablespoons of water and add to the boiling soup. Mix nicely and cook for 4-5 minutes or till the soup thickens. Switch off the gas.
- To serve, pour the soup in a bowl, garnish with fried noodles, chopped spring onions and enjoy!