Crispy garlic cheese bread is a delicious side dish for your soups. It makes even the blandest soup delightful. You can also enjoy it as a vegetarian snack.
I love soups and my favorite thing to enjoy with it is garlic cheese bread. It's soft and cheesy at the center and has crispy edges.
This cheesy garlic bread can be paired with any soup or salad. It makes even the blandest soup taste awesome.
Imagine dipping a crispy garlic cheese breadstick in a bowl of soup and taking a bite- don't you feel hungry? Just typing this sentence has made me very hungry.
The best thing is that it's very easy to make, gets ready within a few minutes, and needs only a handful of pantry staples.
So right after finishing this post, I will go to the kitchen and bake some garlic cheese bread. You just need to make a buttery, cheesy, garlicky spread, apply it on the bread slices and bake.
You don't necessarily need to serve it with soup. It can also be enjoyed as an appetizer with or without a dipping sauce.
Tips & Tricks
- I have used only grated mozzarella but any melting cheese or a combination of different melting cheeses can also be used in the recipe.
- If you don't like cilantro either skip it or replace with a fresh herb of your choice like parsley.
- A combination of different dried herbs can also be added to the butter.
- I have used normal brown bread slices in this recipe, you can use any bread of your choice.
- Be careful with the amount of salt, if using salted butter as the cheese will also be slightly salty.
- I prefer my garlic cheese bread to be very crisp and crunchy. So, I bake it for 14-15 minutes at 200°C. Adjust the baking time depending upon how crisp you want your garlic cheese bread to be.
Some easy soup recipes to serve with Garlic Cheese Bread
Though garlic cheese can be enjoyed as an appetizer, it tastes the best with soup. You can check the recipes of some of my favorite soups below:
- Vegan Minestrone Soup
- Carrot ginger soup
- Spiced sweet potato and chickpea soup
- Red lentil soup
- Green peas soup
If you try any of my recipes then please don’t miss to rate it in the comments section below.
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links shared in my blog are affiliate links and I will get benefited if you buy products from them at no extra cost to you. However, I have personally used most of these products hence recommending them to you. You are free to buy them from anywhere also.
How to make crispy garlic cheese bread?
Crispy Garlic Cheese Bread
- 5 slices bread
- 5 tbsp grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup softened butter salted
- 2 teaspoon grated garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander leaves you can use parsley or any other herb too
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- Salt as per taste optional as cheese and butter already have salt in them
- Cut each bread slice into half.
- In a bowl mix butter, cheese, coriander leaves, garlic, chili flakes, and salt to make a smooth spread.
- Apply this spread on each bread piece and place them on a non-stick baking tray.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for 13-14 minutes at 200°C or until the top becomes golden brown.
- Serve with a bowl of soup or just enjoy as a yummy crunchy snack.