Crispy garlic cheese bread is a delicious side dish for your soups. It makes even the blandest soup delightful. You can also enjoy it as a vegetarian snack.
Every time we order Pizza from outside, I remain more excited about the garlic cheese bread (a default side dish which is ordered with Pizza, in my family).
If you are checking this post, it means you are also a garlic cheese bread lover like me. However, the recipe which I am sharing today is slightly different from the normal garlic cheese bread. This garlic cheese bread is crispy like a toast and is healthier as I have used whole wheat bread.
The recipe is too simple, you just need to make a buttery, cheesy, garlicky spread, apply it on bread slices and bake.
This delicious crunchy bread is a perfect side dish for soups and can also be enjoyed as a yummy snack.
My favourite way of enjoying it is with a cup of delicious Minestrone soup.
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links shared in my blog are affiliate links and I will get benefited if you buy products from them at no extra cost to you. However, I have personally used most of these products hence recommending them to you. You are free to buy them from anywhere also.
How to make crispy garlic cheese bread?
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 16 minutes
Total time: 21 minutes
Serving : Makes 6 pieces
- Bread slices : 3 (You can use any bread of your choice, I have used whole wheat bread)
- Grated cheese of your choice : 2 & ½ tablespoons
- Butter : 50 gms
- Garlic cloves: 4-5
- Coriander leaves: 1 small sprig
- Red chilli flakes : 1 teaspoon / as per your taste
- Salt: As per your taste (If using salted butter use very little amount of salt as the cheese will also be slightly salty).
- Peel and crush the garlic cloves. Finely chop the coriander leaves and cut each bread slice into half
- Soften the butter by putting in microwave for around 30 secs
- Mix all the ingredients except bread to make a smooth spread
- Now apply this spread on each bread piece and put them on a non stick baking tray
- Pre heat the oven at 180 degrees.
- Bake the bread for around 16 minutes at 200 degree Celsius or till the cheese melts and bread becomes crispy (Keep an eye on bread after 14 minutes to avoid burning
- Enjoy with a cup of hot soup or just as a yummy crunchy snack.