This delicious ginger carrot soup is made with fresh sweet carrots balanced with a kick of ginger and creamy coconut milk. Perfect to be enjoyed in every season.
I love soups and though there could be nothing better than a bowl of comforting warm soup on a cold night, I enjoy them during summers too. Especially, if it’s a light creamy soup, like this Ginger carrot soup.
Ginger is one of my favorite spices. I can’t imagine cooking my favorite Indian dishes without ginger and garlic. But I also use it in many other non-Indian recipes.
Even if you don’t like plain carrot soup, do try this ginger carrot soup recipe. The addition of ginger to a simple carrot soup takes it to another level. It’s a very soothing and comforting soup that you can enjoy in every season.
Tips and tricks
- Use fresh, tender, and sweet variety of carrots in the soup.
- Make small pieces of carrots so that it gets cooked faster.
- Saute the carrot for a few minutes before adding the water. It will become more flavorful.
- If you don’t like the taste of coconut milk, use un-sweetened soy milk or any other plant-based milk. If you are not vegan, cooking cream can also be added.
- Instead of using vegetable bouillon cube and water, vegetable broth can also be used.
- For a nice texture, add caramelized onions, coconut flakes, or peeled pumpkin seeds to the soup.
What to serve with this soup?
You can serve this soup with your favorite sandwich or toast like this vegan avocado toast.
And, if you are not a vegan then just serve with some crispy garlic cheese bread on the side.
More easy vegan soup recipes
Looking for more comforting easy vegan soup recipe? Don’t miss to check the following recipes from around the world:
If you try any of my recipes then please don’t miss to rate it in the comments section below.
How to make Vegan Ginger Carrot Soup?
Carrot Ginger Soup
- 4 cups peeled and roughly chopped carrots
- 1 onion roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon grated garlic
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cube vegetable bouillon
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper adjust as per taste
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cups water adjust to get the desired consistency
- Heat oil in a pot and add chopped onion. Saute till it becomes translucent.
- Add ginger, garlic, and saute for a few seconds.
- Next, add bouillon cube and carrots. Saute for about a minute.
- Add water, salt, pepper, and turmeric. Mix and cover the pan. Cook for around 25 minutes or until the carrots are cooked and turn soft.
- Once the carrots are cooked, blend the soup with a hand blender.
- Add coconut milk, mix, and cook for another 5 minutes. Check and adjust the seasoning and then switch off the gas.
- Garnish with coconut milk, chili flakes, and chopped cilantro. Serve hot or warm.
- Instead of using bouillon cube and water, you can also use vegetable stock.
- If you don't like the taste of coconut milk, you can also use any other plant based milk but in that case reduce the quantity of water . Non-vegan may use cream too.
- To fasten the process, cut the carrots into small pieces. They will get cooked faster.