This easy to make vegan date energy balls with chocolate & peanut butter gets ready within 15 minutes and doesn’t need any cooking or baking. If you are looking for ideas to satisfy your sweet craving in a healthier way then this is a must-try recipe.
Though I am not a big fan of sweets my husband has a big sweet tooth. And, if I don’t stop he can finish a large box of sweets in one go. So, I keep on looking for healthy ways to satisfy his sweet cravings like my homemade granola.
Today’s recipe- Date energy balls with chocolate & peanut butter is another such recipe.
It gets ready in under 15 minutes, doesn’t need baking or cooking, is refined-sugar free, and tastes divine. What more can you ask for?
It’s also a great post-workout snack option.
These delicious energy balls are highly customizable and with some minor changes you can make them to suit your taste or dietary preferences:
- Medjool dates are considered to be the best dates for energy balls because of their rich sweetness and softness which helps in binding things together. However, living in Dubai I have tried them with different date varieties and I equally loved them all. So, use whichever date you have.
- If you are allergic to peanuts, use almond or any other nut butter. You can also skip roasted peanuts or use any other nut of your choice.
- Instead of peanut butter, you can also use tahini.
- Add a combination of different nuts and seeds to make it crunchier and healthier.
- You can also use dried berries of your choice to these energy balls.
- Chocolate lovers may also add choco chips after taking out the dough from the food processor.
- To make the balls more presentable roll them over cocoa powder, coconut flakes, finely chopped nuts, or chocolate sprinkles.
How to store?
Store these balls in an airtight container. They will be fine on the countertop for 4-5 days. In the fridge, you can store them for 10-12 days and for a longer period (2-3 months), store them in the freezer.
More quick & easy vegan recipes for beginners
If you have recently started your vegan journey and struggling with plant-based recipe ideas then the following quick & easy vegan recipes are just for you:
- Quinoa lentil soup
- Besan Chilla
- Avocado toast with sweet-corn and pineapple
- Mushroom rice
- Mixed beans curry
- Mexican rice
- Lemon and banana muffins
- Easy chocolate cake
If you try any of my recipes then please don’t miss to rate it in the comments section below.
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links shared in my blog are affiliate links and I will get benefited if you buy products from them at no extra cost to you. However, I have personally used most of these products hence recommending them to you. You are free to buy them from anywhere also.
How to make date energy balls with chocolate and peanut butter?
Date energy balls with chocolate and peanut butter
- 1 cup dates preferably medjool dates but any variety is fine
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup salted roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- Soak the dates in warm water for around 10-15 minutes. After 15 minutes discard the water and remove the seeds.
- Put all the ingredients in a grinder or food processor and process until everything comes together like a dough.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl.
- Take a small portion of the mixture and roll between your palms to make a smooth ball. Repeat the process with the remaining mixture.
- You can enjoy them immediately or keep in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before eating. Store them in an airtight container. They will be fine in the fridge for around 10-12 days and 2-3 months in the freezer.