Delicious and easy to make these Vegan banana bread energy balls are great for healthy snacking or satisfying your sweet craving in a guilt freeway. These no-bake energy bites need no cooking or baking and get ready within minutes.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Banana is one of the favorite fruits of my husband and he always buys more than what we too can easily finish. The result- there will always be some frozen and some over-ripe bananas in my kitchen.
That’s the reason you will often see me posting banana recipes on my blog.
Today I am sharing the recipe of one of my favorite no-bake energy bites- Vegan banana bread energy balls.
It’s a very easy recipe that does not need any baking or cooking. You just need to soak dates in warm water for a few minutes, de-seed them, and then put all the ingredients in a food processor. Finally, make balls with the mixture and sprinkle some cinnamon powder. Your no-bake vegan energy bites are ready!
These banana bread energy bites are great for post-workout snacking too. You can also carry them to your office or college to beat hunger pangs in a healthier way.
Tips & Tricks
- Use overripe banana to make these energy balls.
- If possible, use medjool dates.
- Adjust the quantity of dates depending upon how sweet you want the dates to be.
- Don’t skip the step of soaking the dates. Soaked dates help in binding the balls.
- You can also add more seeds and nuts of your choice.
- To make gluten-free energy bites, use a gluten-free variety of oats.
- Instead of sprinkling cinnamon powder, you can also roll the balls in desiccated coconut, chopped nuts, or melted chocolate.
- If you are a calorie counter, make small sized balls.
One thing which I like a lot about energy balls is that they can be modified very easily. You just need to change a few ingredients and a completely new flavor gets created.
To make these energy bites, you need the following ingredients which are generally easily available in every kitchen:
- Ripe banana (preferably over-ripe)
- Rolled Oats
- Walnuts/ any other nut of your choice
- Chia seeds- you can also use other seeds like pumpkin seeds, flax seeds
- Pitted dates
- Cinnamon powder- other spices like nutmeg powder or green cardamom powder can also be used
- Peanut butter/ any other nut butter
- Salt- to balance all the sweetness
More easy vegan banana dessert recipes
More recipes for vegan energy balls
If you try any of my recipes then please don’t miss to rate it in the comments section below.
Step by step photo instructions
Vegan Banana bread energy balls
- Soak the dates in warm water for around 10-15 minutes. After 15 minutes discard the water and remove the seeds.
- Put all the ingredients in a grinder or food processor and process until everything comes together like a dough.
- Transfer the mixture to a large bowl.
- Take a small portion of the mixture and roll between your palms to make a smooth ball. Repeat the process with the remaining mixture.
- Sprinkle some cinnamon powder on top of the balls.
- Enjoy them immediately or keep in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Use over-ripe banana in the recipe.
- Adjust the quantity of dates depending upon your sweetness preference.
- You can add more nuts and seeds to make them healthier.