Vegetables in hot garlic sauce is a delicious vegan Chinese vegetable recipe, perfect to be served with any Asian noodle or rice dish. Packed with the goodness of vegetables cooked in a delicious hot and sweet garlicky sauce, it’s a great comforting dish for your meatless meals.
These days, Amit and I have got addicted to the Netflix series – Stranger Things. Until recently we were a part of that rare species which doesn’t watch Netflix.
My favorite way of entertainment is reading books/ listening podcasts. You will find me listening podcast whenever I am not working or sleeping.
In a lot of podcast interviews, I heard people mentioning –Stranger Things as their favorite Netflix series and since it was from our favorite genres Sci-Fi/ Thriller, we decided to finally take Netflix subscription (there is hardly any movie/ TV show/ Youtube video of this genre which we have not watched).
We finished season 1 of Stranger Things yesterday, and still have a lot to catch up with the current season. So, these days we eat our dinner while watching back to back episodes of this series. I know it’s not a good practice to eat food while watching TV and will stop after we finish all the episodes of Stranger Things.
Today’s recipe – Vegetables in hot garlic sauce is one such Chinese dish which is a regular dinner recipe at our home these days.
Which vegetables to add in this Chinese recipe?
There is no rule for which vegetables to add in this recipe. You can add any vegetable that’s available and which you like.
I have added bell peppers, baby corn, and mushroom in this recipe. You can also add carrots, beans, tofu, snow peas, cauliflower, broccoli, etc.
How to serve Vegetables in hot garlic sauce?
Chinese vegetable recipes are loved by almost everyone in my family so I keep on searching such recipes.
More Chinese Vegetable recipes:
- Chinese Tofu-sprouts stir fry with veggies
- Vegan Baozi…Mushroom Bok Choy Chinese Buns
- Chinese style vegan noodle soup with bok choy and fried tofu
- Vegan Orange Tofu
- Chilli Baby Corn
- Vegan egg fried rice
- Vegan Kung Pao Noodles with Charred Broccoli
- Vegan Kung Pao Cauliflower
If you try any of my recipes then please don’t miss to share your feedback and rate the recipe in the comments section below.
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links shared in my blog are affiliate links and I will get benefited if you buy products from them at no extra cost to you. However, I have personally used most of these products hence recommending them to you. You are free to buy them from anywhere also.
How to make Chinese vegetables in hot garlic sauce?
Chinese style vegetables in hot garlic sauce
- 1 medium-sized onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper diced
- 5 button mushrooms diced
- 12 baby corns diced
- 2 tbsp soya sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar adjust the quantity as per your taste
- 1/4 cup Sriracha/ any hot sauce of your choice
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 8-10 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 3 dried red chilies whole
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 2.5 tbsp corn starch
- Salt as per taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper powder or as per taste
- 3.5 cups water
- Chopped spring onion
- Red chili flakes
- Mix all the ingredients of sauce in a bowl till sugar gets dissolved and keep aside.
- In another bowl mix corn starch with some water and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a wok, add garlic, ginger and saute for a few seconds before adding dry red chilies and onion. Cook till onion becomes translucent.
- Add baby corn and saute for a few seconds. Next, add diced bell pepper, saute for about a minute and finally add the mushrooms.
- When the water released by mushroom gets evaporated add the sauce, mix and stir fry for around 30 seconds.
- Next, add water, vinegar, salt, pepper and allow to simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Add corn starch slurry to the boiling sauce, mix and cook till sauce thickens.
- Switch off the gas. Garnish with chopped chili pepper and chopped spring onion. Serve hot with any rice or noodle dish of your choice.