Easy mushroom noodles is a delicious and quick dish that can be enjoyed in every season. The combination of noodles, Asian sauce, and sauteed mushrooms, is just awesome. A great meat-free dinner option made with a handful of basic ingredients.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I am a big foodie and I love cooking too. But to be honest I am a lazy cook who prefers easy, healthy, and tasty recipes. I don't like spending hours in the kitchen. That's the reason you will mostly find recipes on my blog which anyone can cook easily.
Today also I am sharing another such very simple and quick recipe- Easy Mushroom Noodles-Asian style.
You just need to cook some noodles, saute garlic and mushrooms, add the sauce, season with salt and pepper, add noodles, spring onion, saute and your dinner is ready!
Isn't it very simple? And, it tastes amazing.
What type of mushroom to use
I generally use button mushrooms and feel that they taste the best in this dish. You can use whichever mushroom you want. Even a combination of different mushrooms can be be used in it.
Is it a vegan recipe
I have used vegetarian oyster sauce in this recipe. I still couldn't find a single oyster sauce in the market which claims to be vegan. Though nowhere in these bottles any non-vegan ingredient gets mentioned, since they label it vegetarian not vegan it's still not clear if they are vegan or not.
Since I am a vegetarian I use vegetarian oyster sauce.
If you are a vegan either use a vegan oyster sauce or replace it with some other vegan Asian stir-fry sauce of your choice.
You can also make vegan oyster sauce at home.
Type of noodles to use
You can use any type of noodles but I would say don't use a very thin variety of noodles in this dish. Thicker the better. You can also use spaghetti or instant noodles.
If using instant noodles you don't necessarily need to boil the noodles separately. Just follow the recipe below till you add seasoning after that add water, noodles, and cook. Before it's almost done add spring onion greens and cook for another few minutes.
What to serve with mushroom noodles
Though these delicious noodles don't need any side dish with it. However, if you are looking for ideas to serve some side dishes along with it, you can try some of the following recipes:
And, if you want to add some extra kick to these mushroom noodles, just drizzle some Asian chili oil on it and enjoy!
More vegan mushroom recipes
Mushroom is one of my favorite ingredients to use in my dishes. It tastes good in almost everything- noodles, rice, curries, soup, sandwiches, wraps, or appetizers. If you also like mushrooms and want to try some easy vegan mushroom recipes at home then don't miss to check the following recipes on my blog:
- Easy Mushroom Rice
- Matar Mushroom
- Kerala style pepper mushroom
- Thai Stir-fried mushrooms
- Mushroom Tom Yum Soup
- Mushroom Pasta Bolognese
- Vegan mushroom soup
If you try any of my recipes then please don’t miss to rate it in the comments section below.
Step by step photo instructions
- 400 gms noodles
- 2.5 cups diced button mushroom
- 6-7 cloves garlic grated
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 5 stalks spring onion, roughly diced keep white and green part separated
- 1.5 + 1 tbsp vegetable oil
Ingredients for sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp vegan/ vegetarian oyster sauce you can also use any other stir-fry sauce of your choice
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Salt as per taste
- Cook the noodles as per instructions given on the packet. Strain it, apply around a tablespoon of oil, and keep aside. Don't discard the water.
- Heat oil in a work. Add ginger and garlic and saute for a few seconds.
- Add the mushrooms and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Next, add the white part of spring onion and saute for around 2 minutes.
- In a bowl mix all the ingredients mentioned under sauce and add to the wok. Mix and saute for a few seconds.
- Finally add the noodles, green part of spring onion, and around 1/4 cup of water in which noodles were cooked.
- Stir fry on high flame for 2-3 minutes or till the everything gets mixed nicely and the greens get wilted.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
- Add the salt carefully and only if required as the sauces already have salt in them.