This Mushroom rice recipe is a simple & tasty one-pot rice recipe that gets ready in under 30 minutes. Very easy to make you can enjoy this vegan and gluten-free dish with any gravy or stir-fried dish of your choice. It can also be enjoyed without any other dish on the side.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Mushroom is one of my favorite things to eat and it was my favorite even when I was a non-vegetarian. That's the reason you will find it in a lot of my recipes on this blog like pepper mushroom, matar mushroom, stir-fried Thai mushrooms, and Mushroom Tom Yum soup.
Today I am sharing a simple mushroom rice recipe which will be made using some very basic ingredients like rice, mushrooms, salt, pepper, spring onion, and vegetable bouillon. In this mushroom rice, I have cooked rice with mushrooms but you can also leftover rice to make it.
Type of mushroom to use
Personally, I prefer using button mushrooms to make mushroom rice but you can use whichever variety you like. Even a combination of different mushrooms can be used, it will give an interesting texture to the dish and make it more flavorful.
You can also use canned mushrooms. However, avoid using frozen ones in this recipe as they will lose their shape in this dish.
Also, cut big chunks of mushroom for this recipe.
This rice can be served with any gravy or stir-fried dish of your choice. Personally, I prefer enjoying the simple flavors of Mushroom rice without any other dish on the side.
Some of the dishes that you can serve with it on the side are:
More easy vegan and vegetarian rice recipes
I love rice and try to eat it in at least one meal every day. If you are also a rice lover like me then don't miss to check some easy rice recipes below:
If you try any of my recipes then please don’t miss to rate it in the comments section below.
Step by step photo instructions
Mushroom rice recipe
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 2.5 cups button mushrooms sliced
- 7 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 3 stalks spring onion keep the white and green part separated
- 1 cube vegetable bouillon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 0.5 teaspoon freshly ground pepper adjust as per taste
- Salt as per taste
- 2.5 cups water adjust the quantity as required
- Heat oil in a pan. Add chopped garlic and saute until the raw smell goes away.
- Add the white portion of spring onion and saute for a few seconds before adding the mushrooms. Cook the mushrooms till their water gets evaporated.
- Next, add the crumbled vegetable bouillon cube, salt, and pepper. Mix and add the rice. Saute the rice for about a minute and then add water. Cover the pot and cook for around 12-15 minutes or until the rice gets cooked.
- Once done, switch off the gas and don't remove the lid for the next 5 minutes. After that, remove the lid, fluff rice using a fork. Add chopped spring onion green and mix. Serve hot.