Easy vegan pasta salad is a tasty, light and refreshing pasta salad recipe. The subtle refreshing flavors of this cold pasta recipe make it a perfect summer pasta salad.
A lot of you must be wondering why I am sharing a summer salad recipe in October but, as explained in a lot of my previous blogs, though most of you have started tasting winter, we, in Dubai are still struggling with the heat. So, there will be a few summer recipes on my blog throughout the year.
Today's recipe – Easy pasta salad is a tasty vegan salad that gets ready within minutes. If you are looking for easy and healthy office lunch ideas then this recipe is perfect for you
There are different ways of making a pasta salad and almost everyone loves it. The recipe which I am sharing today is probably one of the simplest and easiest pasta salad recipes. This summer salad recipe is also a great option for potlucks and picnics.
How to make a perfect pasta salad
Though a simple recipe, taking care of a few basic steps while preparing it will help you make this salad stand out every time.
- Don’t overcook the pasta. Nobody likes mushy pasta and it will spoil your salad
- Before adding the vegetables, ensure that the pasta has reached room temperature otherwise the vegetables will get cooked. Add some olive oil to the pasta while it’s resting.
- Make equal-sized pieces of the vegetables.
- Add chopped nuts to give the salad a crunch. The nuts also make it healthier and yummier.
- Give your salad some time to absorb all the flavors say around 30 minutes. However, don’t overdo that otherwise the crunch and freshness of the toppings will go away and your salad will taste stale.
More easy vegan salad recipes
- Moroccan carrot salad
- Greek potato salad
- Indian Kachumber salad
- Middle Eastern bean salad- Balela
- Lebanese Fattoush
If you try any of my recipes then please don’t miss to share your feedback and rate the recipe in the comments section below.
Step by step photo instructions
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links shared in my blog are affiliate links and I will get benefited if you buy products from them at no extra cost to you. However, I have personally used most of these products hence recommending them to you. You are free to buy them from anywhere also.
How to make easy vegan pasta salad?
Easy Vegan Pasta Salad
- 300 grams uncooked pasta use any small variety of your choice
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes cut into halves
- 1/2 cup cooked sweet corn kernels
- 1/2 cup cooked green peas
- 1.5 tablespoons chopped jalapeno
- 1/4 cup pitted black olives
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds you can also use walnut or any other nut of your choice
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1.5 tbsp dry oregano
- 1 teaspoon dry basil
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder
- Salt as per taste
- Following the instructions given on the packet, cook pasta al dente. Strain, add around 2 tablespoons of olive oil and keep aside. Let it reach room temperature.
- In a bowl, mix the remaining olive oil, lemon juice, dry herbs, salt, and pepper. Mix well and keep aside.
- Once the pasta reaches room temperature, add all the chopped vegetables, olives, almonds and dressing to it. Toss well.
- Allow the salad to soak in all the flavors (20-30 minutes), before serving. You can also keep it in the fridge and serve cold.