Roasted Spanish potatoes- potatoes baked with a simple tangy tomato sauce flavored with some basic seasonings. These potatoes are soft and fluffy in the center and have a crisp outer layer. They get ready in less than 40 minutes and taste amazing.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here. As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases without any extra cost to you.
I think there is hardly anyone in this world who doesn't like potatoes especially, the roasted ones. It is used in so many different recipes around the world and still, I have never eaten a dish that has potato as the main ingredient in it, taste bad.
I have already shared a lot of potato recipes from different countries on my blog and today I am sharing the recipe for roasted Spanish potatoes.
These Spanish potatoes are baked with a tangy tomato sauce flavored with basic seasonings and they taste amazing. They get ready in less than 40 minutes and are made with just 9 ingredients.
What goes in roasted Spanish potatoes?
To make oven roasted Spanish potatoes you will need the following ingredients:
- Potatoes: Yukon gold potatoes are the best for this recipe but you can use any other variety too.
- Canned tomato sauce
- Fresh cilantro/ parsley: You can add any herb of your choice. My favorite herb is cilantro so I prefer using it.
- Minced garlic: Garlic powder can also be used too in the seasoning
- Dried thyme
- Smoked paprika: You can use hot or sweet depending upon your taste preference. A combination of both can be used too.
- Ground black pepper
- Olive oil
How to make it?
Making Spanish oven roasted potatoes is very simple. You just need to follow the steps below:
- Prepare a sauce by mixing canned tomato sauce, garlic, thyme, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper. Mix and keep aside.
- Wash and peel the potatoes. Cut into equal bite-size pieces.
- Put the potato cubes and sauce in a large bowl. Toss well.
- Spread in a single layer on a baking tray lined with a baking sheet. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°C (400°F) for 30 minutes.
- Garnish with your favorite herbs and enjoy!
How to make these potatoes spicy?
These potatoes are not very spicy, especially for Asians. So, if you love spicy food add a hotter variety of red chili powder or a hot sauce to the recipe.
Step by step photo instructions
These roasted potatoes can be served as a side dish or enjoyed as an appetizer too.
You can also stuff them in your wraps or add them to your buddha bowl.
Recipe tips and tricks
- After washing the potatoes past try them with a clean kitchen towel to get rid of the excess moisture.
- Cut the potatoes into equal size pieces.
- You can add more herbs and seasonings to the sauce.
- Toss the potato cubes nicely until the sauce evenly coats every piece.
- Spread the potatoes in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- For a more refreshing and tangy taste add lemon zest and juice to the sauce.
- Don't skip smoked paprika as these potatoes get their unique taste from it.
More easy potato recipes from around the world
Looking for more easy potato recipes from around the world? Don't miss to check the following links:
- Easy potato curry
- Moroccan potatoes
- Baked potato wedges
- Aloo ke gutke (Himalayan potato recipe)
- Tandoori aloo
- Aloo ka raita (vegetarian)
If you try any of my recipes, please rate ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ it on the recipe card and also leave your feedback in the comments section below. You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and subscribe to my youtube channel.
Roasted Spanish potatoes
- mixing bowl
- Wash, peel, and chop the potatoes into bite-size cubes.
- In a bowl mix tomato sauce, olive oil, paprika, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Put the potato cubes in a large bowl. Pour sauce mix and toss.
- Spread the potatoes in a single layer on a baking tray lined with a baking sheet.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°C (400°F) for around 30 minutes.
- Once nicely cooked, take out the tray and allow the potatoes to reach room temperature.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro/ parsley and enjoy.
- After washing and peeling the potatoes pat them dry with a clean kitchen towel.
- Don't make cut very large potato cubes otherwise, they will remain uncooked at the center and take a lot of time to get baked.
- Toss the potatoes to make sure the sauce evenly coats every potato cube.
- More detailed recipe tips and trick are given within the post, please follow them to make this recipe.