Soft, pillowy with crispy skin, these baked potato wedges are highly addictive. They are vegan and gluten-free. You can enjoy them as a snack or serve as a side dish too.
Though it’s very tough for me to pick a single favorite appetizer as there are so many which I love but today’s dish-Home bake easy baked potato wedges is one of my favorite appetizers.
It’s perfect for every occasion and every season- be a simple movie night at home, a family get together, games night, or any other event.
The best part is that it’s vegan and gluten-free so you don’t need to worry about the dietary preferences of your family members or guests. Everyone can enjoy it. They are super-delicious and addictive.
It’s also very easy to make – you don’t even need to peel the potatoes. Just wash the potatoes, cut into even-sized wedges, toss with all the herbs, spices, olive oil, and bake.
Tips and tricks
- Since we are not peeling potatoes and generally they are dirty, wash them properly and allow to air dry for a while.
- For crunchier potato wedges and if you have time, soak the wedges in cold water for around 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, discard the water and with the help of a clean kitchen towel remove the access moisture. Soaking helps in getting rid of some potato starch which helps in making crispier wedges.
- Seasoning may be modified depending upon your taste preference. You may add or remove the herbs and spices mentioned in the recipe.
- Pick large-sized potatoes for making wedges.
- Cut equal-sized pieces of potatoes for even baking.
- Bake on a non-stick baking tray or spread on a butter paper so that potatoes don’t stick to the tray.
- While baking place the wedges in such a way that the skin side touches the tray. It will make the skin crispier.
These vegan baked potato wedges can be enjoyed as a snack or also served as a side dish with burgers, wraps, sandwiches, or any other dish of your choice.
I believe they taste the best with tomato ketchup. You can also serve mustard sauce or try a completely different way of serving with some simple home-made dips like Muhammara, Tomato chutney, or Mint chutney.
More easy potato recipes
I love potatoes and that’s one vegetable which I can eat every single day without getting bored. If you love potatoes too then you will definitely like the following easy potato recipes from around the world:
- Aloo ke gutke (vegan)
- Moroccan style oven-roasted potatoes (vegan)
- Greek potato salad (vegan)
- Aloo paratha (vegetarian)
- Aloo ka raita (vegetarian)
Easy vegan appetizer recipes
Looking for more easy vegan appetizer recipe ideas? Don’t miss to check the following appetizer recipes from around the world:
- Falafel (Middle East)
- Chocolate Banana spring rolls (Indonesia)
- Vegetable puffs (India)
- Veg momos- Tibet and Nepal
- Vegan Sisig- Philippines
If you try any of my recipes then please don’t miss to rate it in the comments section below.
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links shared in my blog are affiliate links and I will get benefited if you buy products from them at no extra cost to you. However, I have personally used most of these products hence recommending them to you. You are free to buy them from anywhere also.
How to make baked potatoes wedges at home?
Baked potato wedges
- 4 medium-sized potatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed black pepper
- Salt as per taste
- Rinse the potatoes and cut equal sized wedges. Don't remove the skin.
- Put the potato wedges in a large bowl. Add all the remaining ingredients. Toss until all the wedges evenly get covered in the oil and spices mix.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°C for 35-40 minutes or until you get nicely baked golden wedges.
- Enjoy with your favorite dip!
- You can add more dried herbs like thyme or basil.
- The time of baking may vary depending upon your oven so keep an eye on the wedges after 30 minutes and bake until it gets nicely cooked and turns golden brown.